iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What do you Collect?

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 04, 2014, 03:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DanG Jeff.....Looks like the Jeffsonian Institute. You have some amazing stuff.

I saw quite a few things I'd like to bid compliment you on. Very nice collection.
Now I'll have to watch the vid again after supper.  :)

gimpy

I have been collecting Pin Back Buttons since the 60's. Every size, shape, color and subject including political. Numbers over 10,000.

Now the question is: What to do with them?
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: gimpy on December 07, 2014, 05:24:11 PM
I have been collecting Pin Back Buttons since the 60's. Every size, shape, color and subject including political. Numbers over 10,000.

Now the question is: What to do with them?

Got any pictures?

Magicman

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 07, 2014, 05:57:06 PM
Quote from: gimpy on December 07, 2014, 05:24:11 PM
I have been collecting Pin Back Buttons

Got any pictures?
Mention Butt and the ole Goat is wanting to try out his new horns.  Gotta Butt something!!   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Maybe he can butt his losing football team.  :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Dave Shepard

Jeff, do you have any forestry posters put out by Coca-Cola? I've got a set of four that I found in my house. I'll try to get some photos of them. Unfortunately they were folded, and not rolled up, but I think they are still in decent shape.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Mooseherder

My wife dug out a far back closet.  Apparently we collect Barbie's and their stuff. :D
Our daughters who have been gone for some time had them years ago.  When my wife called to let them know she was giving them to our Grand Daughter she was told to hang on as she wasn't ready yet.  If i'm rich from Barbie collectables just shoot me now. ::)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on December 07, 2014, 07:39:10 PM
If i'm rich from Barbie collectables just shoot me now. ::)

You may be my New Pop!  :D :D :D

clww

What don't I collect...? ::) Stanley planes (really any old tools), NASCAR (largest collection), black Americana, guns, old US Navy uniforms and patches, trains, antiques, nautical items, lighthouse miniatures, milk bottles, enamelware, taxidermy animals I've harvested. The list goes on.....

Some day I want to take a tour of Jeff and Tammy's place. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jeff

Quote from: Dave Shepard on December 07, 2014, 07:30:59 PM
Jeff, do you have any forestry posters put out by Coca-Cola? I've got a set of four that I found in my house. I'll try to get some photos of them. Unfortunately they were folded, and not rolled up, but I think they are still in decent shape.

I do, but not the set. We only have two of the folded ones, and have them framed on the walls. We also have another one that is different and smaller and have that up as well.

timberlinetree

My claim to fame is my 800+/- bottle collection. I've got everything from a Thomas A Edison battery oil bottle up to brown chlorax bleach bottles. Best part is I found most of them on the clock :D. I also have my chain saw, frying pan, hubcap and tins collections. Jeff that much neat stuff takes a lifetime to collect, great job and way to preserve history. Thanks for sharing!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Jeff

Quote from: timberlinetree on December 10, 2014, 05:14:14 AM
I've got everything from a Thomas A Edison battery oil bottle

I have one that is full, I also have a quart unopened maytag oil bottle.  :)

Jeff

Its next to impossible to get a picture of the edison bottle to where you can read the embossing in the glass.

Howdy

Years ago I visited a small town with a long time hardware store and found a quart Clorox bottle laying on the shelf upstairs in a forgotten corner.  It is brown with the lable mostly intact, a rubber stopper and about half full of fluid.  I fell in love and had to have it.  Money was tight and the kids needed new shoes but I was able to purchase it for $20 and the wife was amazed that I wanted it as I had never done this before.  This bottle is the only example I own and I get a dreamy feeling whenever I think about it. 

Now my uncle was a collector!@$#%
He couldn't visit the dump without bringing home more than he took.  When he passed it took five of us to clean out his place and it was tight with paths and piles.  We loaded two 40 yard dumpsters with his stuff after picking the good stuff (at least good to us).

Now my wife watches me for the "collecting gene" to appear and with Craigslist I am always getting in trouble.

pappy19

Griswold cast iron cookware and mostly Randall knives, but I do have a few other makers as well.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

breederman

Together we got this !

POSTON WIDEHEAD

hackberry jake

Quote from: clww on December 07, 2014, 10:31:38 PM
(really any old tools)
Me too. But my obsession is with power tools. Starting to run out of space, but going to look at a table saw this weekend...
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Holmes

My dad collected bottles ended up with 2000 of them . It was the only hobby he ever had.  I was collecting steam pressure gauges and have around 20 of them.  Now the only things I want to collect are useable tractors and  chain saws. 8)
Think like a farmer.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Holmes on December 10, 2014, 06:11:28 PM
  My dad collected bottles ended up with 2000 of them . It was the only hobby he ever had.  I was collecting steam pressure gauges and have around 20 of them.  Now the only things I want to collect are useable tractors and  chain saws. 8)

This sounds fun......especially the pressure gauges.

Corley5

Collected old tractors for a few years.  Had a major falling out with a family member  ::) and liquidated 2/3s of them.  Still have about 40 and need to get rid of about 30 of those.  I'm into MSRs and cold hardy grape varieties now.  I'll have in the neighborhood of 7,000 vines after next spring's planting.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

clww

I spotted two old nail-pullers at the antique mall last Saturday. I kick myself since I did not buy either one. ::)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!