iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Furitcake Time Again

Started by Magicman, December 04, 2014, 08:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yup, I am already half way through my first Claxton Fruitcake this year.

That is one treat that I can not pass up and the display is right at the grocery store's front door.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

I eat my share, I'm trying to lose weight but just cannot resist the dark fruitcake. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

My Mom (rest her soul) used to make the best fruitcakes.

I wish I knew someone locally who made them for sale!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

No doubt, fruit cakes are good, not so sure why at times they get a bad rap, My Aunt Opal use to make what I thought was the best,  it did seem like she used some rum or something in them, fresh walnuts from the farm, and homemade candied fruit.  I remember Mom talking about how much work went into these cakes,  Aunt Opal would send each one of the brothers and sisters one for Christmas. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I had a Fruit Cake Buddy once that sent his Fruit Cake Friend a Fruit Cake for Christmas.  :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

Give the Goat an opening and he will take it without hesitation. :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on December 04, 2014, 03:29:31 PM
Give the Goat an opening and he will take it without hesitation. :D :D

Just because of your reply....I went straight to the auction and OUT BID you on that Hoodie.  :D :D :D :D :D

BradMarks

That looks like good fruitcake, lots of fruit, not much cake!  My wife makes Bourbon balls (this year Rum - no bourbon in the house). They will be some good come Christmas.  Anybody else have bourbon balls at the holiday? It must be a southern tradition 'cause I never had one until I met her - but now it's a 40 year tradition with me too!

beenthere

QuoteBourbon balls

Southern WI has them too. As well as rum.  'tis the season.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

There is very little "cake" in the Claxtons.

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 04, 2014, 03:16:03 PM
I had a Fruit Cake Buddy once that sent his Fruit Cake Friend a Fruit Cake for Christmas.
That only works with Pear Preserves.   :)

QuoteAnybody have bourbon balls
Nope, da Goat has none.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

fruit cake  steve_smiley steve_smiley    why not just put grits in there  :) :)

Magicman

Fruit cake is fruit and nuts.  Grits are made from corn so it is a grain product, but if I was eating cut corn or corn on the cob, I would consider it a vegetable.   

I love um both.   food6

coxy

MM    I just had to be the first one to say grits  ;D

BradMarks

He's a buck, not a doe.  Speaking of character........ :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: BradMarks on December 04, 2014, 04:05:40 PM
Anybody else have bourbon balls at the holiday?

Jeff cut mine off with 1 click of the mouse.  ;D

Glenn1

Goat, you are hilarious!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

POSTON WIDEHEAD

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

thecfarm

I was not going to mention the rubber band to help out with the bourbon problem.
The box of grits remains unopened.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Mooseherder

Fruitcake and Grits would be good if you're ...

Starving!

Magicman

I'm having a slice of Fruitcake and a glass of milk right now.   food6

Chuck White

I had a piece of "store-bought" fruitcake last night.

Wasn't the best, but better than nothing!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I will have to buy another Claxton today.  This one is 'bout gone.

Also a slice in a zip bag is better than any trail bar ever made.

Thank You Sponsors!