iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Propane price?

Started by Woodhauler, December 03, 2014, 09:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Got a chance to lock in at 1.70 a gallon?? Good or bad???
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Nate379

Send me 100,000 gallons at that price, holy cow!

We paid about $4/gallon here.

WH_Conley

Bill

North River Energy

Nate379,
Last I inquired (maybe 3 years back) propane for heating sold at a much lower rate than for cooking etc.
Not quite 1/2.

kenlt30

New customer introductory rate here is $1.99. The company I just left (fired, no pun intended) charges just over $5.00. Lots of people here changing suppliers.

NWP

Quote from: North River Energy on December 04, 2014, 06:04:56 PM
Last I inquired (maybe 3 years back) propane for heating sold at a much lower rate than for cooking etc.
Not quite 1/2.

How does that work?
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

North River Energy

^NWP,
The gas company rep quoted me an attractive price for the potential furnace hookup, and when I inquired why the markedly lower rate than what I was already paying for the gas range in the same building, he said they were essentially 'different products'.

Might have something to do with the projected yearly volume?

Presumably Woodhauler is setting up an account for his new shop/garage?

beenthere

Just checked on price delivered today, and propane was $1.65.  Expected to go lower before summer.
That beats the panic set up last year when supplies ran so low due to selling abroad and also a cold winter temps.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DDDfarmer

just had the tanks topped up, .699/L  2.64/gallon.  Some people last winter payed $2.60/L or 9.82/gallon without a contract.
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Raider Bill

I ran out of propane last night. I use it for the dryer, stove and fireplace. Called Amerigas who told me I couldn't be out. Lady on the phone was not very pleasant.

I asked how much they sell it for,  $5.60 a gallon. WHAT!!!

Why are you twice the national average?

Because there are not that many places that will deliver in this area.

Been with them 18 years.

Today I'm pricing a couple 100 pound tanks to buy and a switchover valve.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

submarinesailor

Bill,

One of the best moves I have made in a while was getting rid of AMERIGAS.  Last November, I changed over to a company called Quarles, local to this area, and have not looked back.  The change over from a 325 gl tank to a 500, with all new up to code piping and all the other stuff, cost me $99+.  I when I told the installer that I was looking to install a back up generator, he went ahead and installed all the valves and tees I needed at no additional cost.  Compared to Amerigas, I love this new company.

BTW - Back before I retired, I had to deal with their parent company (UGI of Allentown, PA) and hated every minute of it.  Remain me to tell you some stories at the next pig roast. 

Bruce

goose63

Good Golley Molley $5.60 are thy holding a gun on ya its $1.72 here for heating
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

jackpine

Had my tank filled this morning $1.28 here.

Raider Bill

I've been looking around today.

Best price on a 100 lb tank if I buy the tank and first fill is $258.00. I'd also have to get a manifold and regulator which is about $100.  Talking $600.00 for 2 tanks which is what I originally figured to do.
{I wonder if I paid for the regulator 18 years ago when Amerigas installed the first tank and lines.}

Refills, if I bring the tank to a fill station is $99.00 no matter how much the tank may or may not have left in it. They don't weight them. 20 lb tank is $20 and 40 lb $40. and so on. That seems to be pretty common in this area. So it's a buck a pound by the size of your tank. Nobody but Amerigas and Suburban Propane

I asked a couple stores why propane is so high here. The general consensus is because they can.

Looking at 20lb Blue Rhino or Amerigas tanks for a grill they are getting $18.95 for a swap out but you are only getting 14 pounds.

I'm thinking I may just get 1 100 lb tank here locally now them buy another in Tenn and get them refilled there when 1 goes empty.

The stove and dryer really doesn't use much but the fireplace really eats it up.

Onthesauk

Here in the NW we paid $1.84 per gallon, early part of January.  We've got a 500 gallon tank, they pumped about 350 gallons.  We're on an automatic fill program based on past usage and current weather.  Usually try to fill it late summer, usually about the cheapest rate.

A few years ago one of our drivers use to work for one of the refineries as a driver.  He said years ago propane was just a byproduct they had trouble selling.  In those days they were selling it for 10 cents a gallon.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

js2743

had a 100lb tank filled yesterday at tractor supply @ $2.49 a gallon held 24.5 gallon. They will put what ever you ask for, if you only want 5 gallon thats what you get.

Raider Bill

I bought a 100 pounder Friday. Called amerigas to come get theirs and the lady gave me a hard time about it. I said either come get it or I'm going to do a drive by roll off in your parking lot.

doctorb

Well, Bill, recycling is all the rage....What's less defined is where you decide to recycle. ;)
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

sandhills

Bill, had a neighbor get let's just say disgruntled with his company and they wouldn't get their 500 gallon tank out of his yard.  When they finally showed up to get it he'd used his FEL to nicely park it right between two big trees, it was a snug fit  :D.

ladnerlogging

It's going for $1.79/g here as of last week.

den

Homelite SuperXL, 360, Super2, Stihl MS251CB-E, Sotz M-20 20lb. Monster Maul, Wallenstein BXM-42

Thank You Sponsors!