iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

customsawyer is coming to red oaks lumber!

Started by red oaks lumber, December 03, 2014, 06:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red oaks lumber

jake is coming for the weekend. saturday dec. 13th we are having a open shop for anyone wanting to come meet, discuss   sawing , kiln drying and value adding to products .time wise around 10 am.
hope forum members can make it !!!
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Dave Shepard

Are you going to send him home with a glacier for WDH? :D They can try quarter sawing it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

red oaks lumber

i wanted wdh to come along so he could say he has sawed frozen logs but, he got scared :D :D

woodjunky

Are you in Spooner, Wisconsin, Red Oaks Lumber?
If you got room for one more. I would like to come.  Consider me in upon approval!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Will you be speaking on STICKERS?
Will you have Grits for breakfast?

If not....I ain't coming.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red oaks lumber

if the goat is coming i guess (plug my nose and gulp) i would :D :D stickers is always the topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on December 03, 2014, 07:47:39 PM
if the goat is coming i guess (plug my nose and gulp) i would :D :D stickers is always the topic

Your a true friend.  :)

No kidding Steve....if Jake can come up there you can come to the next Sycamore Project......right?

red oaks lumber

i have been trying to get there for 2 yrs. my free time is such a small window, if i can pick the date i'm there :)

red oaks lumber

woodjunky

Cool! If you dont mind tag alongs, I would really like to come see your operation the 13th. Im hearing its suposed to be getting warm the next couple weeks... low to mid 30's!  8)

drobertson

I think I smell a spotted cow!  wish I could come, won't be till end of march till the next trip north enjoy,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: woodjunky on December 03, 2014, 08:53:44 PM
Im hearing its suposed to be getting warm the next couple weeks... low to mid 30's!  8)

I'd FREEZE!

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 03, 2014, 09:12:52 PM
Quote from: woodjunky on December 03, 2014, 08:53:44 PM
Im hearing its suposed to be getting warm the next couple weeks... low to mid 30's!  8)

I'd FREEZE!

I'll borrow you a turtleneck.
Swing by on your way north, pick me up and we'll take the boat across the Lake.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodjunky

30's is great working weather. Just got to get them muscles warmed up early so you dont hurt yourself. Im good to -20 before the gears start whining.  ;D

Barney II

Hey Steve,  I will be heading your way on that day.   Still recovering from having my gallbladder taken out on Monday so I should be good to go on the 13th.  Have been meaning to stop  so this is a good chance to visit.        Don
Ya never know
Woodmizer  1985 lt30

mikeb1079

arrrr i'm on call that weekend!  how on earth did you get a southern boy to come to northern wi in december?  it's right in the song!  "it's the coldest time of winter....and i shiver when i see the falling snow"   :D
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Jeff

I can remember Marcel talking about going on a trip to the south in warm weather. He didn't make it to the mason Dixon line and said the heck with this, it is too hot and turned around and went home.   I can see this happening in reverse. Why oh why would someone from Georgia ever want to go to Wisconsin in December?  Jake about froze to death in Michigan in August.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mesquite buckeye

Sounds great but my old frostbite still kicks up in the cold.  :snowfight1:

I'm thinking I'm going to be warming up in greenhouse 1 that day. Should still be hitting 90 in there. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

customsawyer

That was from the cold shoulder I was getting from folks when I asked for Grits. :D

I am looking forward to this trip as it is going to be a great opportunity for learning. (mostly about cold weather ;D)
Steve and I have been talking about one of us making a trip for a while and things finally fell into place. Maybe not the best timing but I'll take it when I can get it. It will be great to meet any others that can make it over.   
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Dave,

Maybe Jake will bring us a big glacier home.  Probably over 4' on the little end  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dave Shepard

Oh, I bet rol will have bigger glaciers than that by now. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

red oaks lumber

you guys are to much :D :D i was dissapointed with the weather forcast ;)jakes going to think we just whine about the cold.oh he'll still shiver :)
a couple of weeks back i asked if he was going to bring warm clothes, his southern draw talk said," yup i gotta a sweater i was fixin to wear" i couldn't even muster a word for a few seconds but, the thoughts racing threw my head were scary. finally i said jake i don't think a sweater will cut it.he came back with (still in his southern draw) *DanG son you think i'm stupid?  my answer was" i was wondering" :D :D

YellowHammer

I just had a mental image of Jake in his cowboy hat and a red turtle neck sweater trying to quarter saw one of RO's glaciers.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!