iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ARKY can you saw it?

Started by Tam-i-am, August 09, 2004, 08:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Look at this huge black walnut tree that I found on the way home.  I'm sure if you could mill it and haul it away, WV Hillbilly could put it to good use.

Now I listened real good to your stories and I'm sure you are the right man for the job.  See this tree is on the Canadian side of Niagra Falls.  If anyone could get it through the customs inspection it would be you. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Gilman

Boy, I don't think you could even saw it with it halfed.  A full quartering would be in order.

As far as customs, I think it would be easier to get the mill across the border and saw it there, dry it, and then mill it into pen holders.  From there it would be a simple matter of taking 25,000 flights into Canada and bring it back a piece at a time.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

C_Miller

We only have to get it to the Artpark on the lower Niagara.  Drag it full length stand it up and the top will fall onto the American side.
If it don't make it the whole way across they have the jet boats right there.  Might want to get FlaDH in on this too.

C
CJM

WV_hillbilly

That is  one big walnut there  Tammy.   If Arky could saw it up and get it back to the US I 'd give it a try .  The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how I 'm going to stand that orange machine on it's side  to use it as a scroll saw  . :D
Hillbilly

Tam-i-am

Where's ARKY?

I thought for sure he would have a clever way to get this tree. ;D

leweee

Arky???you mean Bibbyman  ;D right! That ther tree looks like it's on Niagara Park's Commisson property....them park's commissom boy's ain't ablijed to no tree nappen ... If'en ya Knows what I means ....Ya'all cum back now ...ya hear. maybe we'es can talk about this like good nieghbors...What's ya say :D :D :D :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Swing_blade_Andy

Thats just lovely... look at the size... how clean it is... (not the girl .. the tree..)  HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

Thats a job for LUCAS or PETERSEN. Cut em wiiiidddeee...

Forget the band bladers... that'll just make a mess. The width is what makes that tree remarkable, so it should stay that wide.

I did it with mine, (link Attached) so do it with this one. By the way, the update on my big Black Walnut is that I've sold the minor branches and some of the major branch tree and negotiating with buyers from around the world for the trunk. Hope to score soon. Its will have been a hard road but a pleasant one.

http://gallery55364.fotopic.net/c148726.html

Cheers
Andrew

Texas Ranger

Asking Arky if he could cut the tree reminds me of the story of a Texas A&M football coach driving in west Texas when he sees a big young man plowing a field without the benefit of horse or tractor, just pushing the old single middlebuster through the field.  

Coach stops and call s the boy over, he brings his plow in one hand.  Coach says "Son, can you point which ways is Amarillo?"  Boy says "That way" and points down the road with the plow.

Coach asks "Son, can you run?"   Boy says,"yasser, been winning the county fair race every yar for the last 6 yars."

Coach says, "Son, can you pass a football?"

Boys says "Suh, ifn I kin git it in my mouff, I kin pass it."
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Fla._Deadheader

Hmmmmm, with one of them Swingers, with a Slabber, would it be possible to set up over the stump, if it were a little higher, and slab off some rounds ???  I know you  need a different grind on the blade to rip, but, would it also crosscut ???  Hmmm
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ARKANSAWYER

Alright Tamiam I had to get my crosscut saw sharpened as this is stacking up to being a dark of the moon job.  I may need to borrow a few large cant hooks.   I think if I roll it to the river and ride it over the falls I will be home free.  I could get FL Deadhead to pick me up down stream.  Sawing that puppy up will be no problem once south of the border. ;D  It does make a man lust for sure.  That may be why they do not let me leave down here much.  My wife says I cause to much trouble when out by myself. ;D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Tam-i-am

ARKY

I'd be willing to help ride it over the falls!

Tammy

leweee

ARKY aka Bibbyman

I think your in trouble again  :D :D :D

leweee :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Arthur

shame our mill is here and not with you

I have a slabber at 2m cut that you could mill rounds upto 300mm in depth.  You could also mill oval slabs to make very expensive tables.

leave the tree there for a few months so we can get one there.

maybe organize a wood expo on the grounds  and disappear the tree over a few days.  with all the activity the rangers might not miss it till the partys gone (and the tree)

Percy

QuoteAsking Arky if he could cut the tree reminds me of the story of a Texas A&M football coach driving in west Texas when he sees a big young man plowing a field without the benefit of horse or tractor, just pushing the old single middlebuster through the field.  

Coach stops and call s the boy over, he brings his plow in one hand.  Coach says "Son, can you point which ways is Amarillo?"  Boy says "That way" and points down the road with the plow.

Coach asks "Son, can you run?"   Boy says,"yasser, been winning the county fair race every yar for the last 6 yars."

Coach says, "Son, can you pass a football?"

Boys says "Suh, ifn I kin git it in my mouff, I kin pass it."
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

CHARLIE

That sure is a big walnut, but other than that.....that is the very first time I've seen a picture of a real tree hugger. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

CHARLIE

I didn't mean to kill this thread, I was just funnin'........ ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!