iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

edger... maybe?

Started by hackberry jake, December 02, 2014, 05:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

Saw this on craigslist recently for fairly cheap and decided it was worth going to take a look at it.

Well, I was haggling with the guy and he said "I'll throw in that craftsman table saw and that craftsman bandsaw for the same price". DanG. Now I have to figure out a way to load it! It has to be somewhere around 800 lbs or so, but we finally got it in the truck.

Heres the other loot

From the research I have done it was origannially an old gasoline powered portable table saw. The blade moved forward and back for cross cuts.

you can see the tracked arbor assembly in this pic.
I contemplated using it as my shop table saw, but I already have a decent table saw so maybe it would be better used as an edger for the sawmill. I still have the 13hp honda engine that came off my sawmill. Maybe I cut put an axle under it and put a tongue on it and it'll be a portable table saw.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

ozarkgem

When are you going to build on your shop?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

hackberry jake

Quote from: ozarkgem on December 02, 2014, 08:51:58 PM
When are you going to build on your shop?
I need to get busy with that... Maybe just build another seperate shop one day. This thing originally came with a 20" blade. I have been shopping for 20" blades and one blade will cost quite a bit more than I gave for the saw. It has a 12" blade on it now. Maybe I will just clean it up and have it sharpened and see what it'll do with the smaller blade.

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Ivey

Looks like a nice heavy piece of old iron there Jake. I see no guards, if you are going to use it for an edger please be careful.

Ivey
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

hackberry jake

I will definately put a riving knife or "splitter" behind the blade. I've been meaning to get one for my shop table saw as well. Probably the most important safety too for a table saw... other than push sticks and safety glasses

Darrel

Nice find!  I like old equipment like that. Good luck with it and have fun.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!