iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Mizer Model

Started by GeneWengert-WoodDoc, December 01, 2014, 09:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

My daughter gave me a scale model of a Wood Mizer, but it is in four pieces.  Anyone have a model--about 10" long--and could post picture so i could see how it is suppose to look?  Thanks.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have one Gene, I can post pics tomorrow......its out in the shop.

It didn't come with a manuel?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

What anniversary model is it? This is the newest version. I'm going to auction it if there is any interest. Still in the box. First time it was ever slid out was for this picture.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is the one I have Jeff. I got mine 3 years ago. I'm actually gonna put mine on a birdhouse.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Here's the Peter Drouin model they came out with this year.  :D

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 01, 2014, 09:46:31 PM
Here's the Peter Drouin model they came out with this year.  :D

Nice, :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

mikeb1079

that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

FarmingSawyer

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Just about spewed my coffee all over the screen! Good one Poston  8)
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

That was a good chuckle.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bandmiller2

Those mills would be perfect to cut tung (sp) depressors. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

drobertson

You just have to wake up pretty early to get one on some of these folks :D   I thought the same thing before I read the post :D :D 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

I have an older model.  All I can read on it is "Super hydraulic."  It has a seat for the operator to ride on.  The one piece that i cannot figure out (in the front of the model) for location has an orange box (controls?) and a silver stick (ruler) sticking upward (location indicator for blade).  Note the muffler in the air.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Dave Shepard

That goes in front of the white lube jub, to the left of the clutch lever ahead of the seat. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That piece will go in front of the seat and the ruler will be sticking straight up.

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Thanks...that is where it fits...it snapped into the correct spot indeed.  Now, what do I do with it?  The diesel motor seems to be frozen, but the band position does seem to be "arm-strong" controlled.  The seat seems a bit small for me too.

Thanks again

landscraper

Get some blue creeper to free up the motor.  Then start with some smaller logs to get the feel for it.  I'd recommend  somewhere between #2 pencil sized and cigar sized, although you may have to Bibby them down to a manageable size. Luckily you won't need a strong offbearer.  Might have to do some walk-along sawing until you fit the seat.  Your output may be measured using the rare unit MBmm (thousand board-millimeters).  I see a niche business sawing out sailboat-in-a-bottle kits in your future.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

thecfarm

Give WM a call. Get on the mobile route deal.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

You are gonna need some real little stickers  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dave Shepard

Those flat toothpicks should work well.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

terrifictimbersllc

For safety, they should be cut to length. A paper cutter works well, cheaper than a little chain saw. 

You can send the mill in for maintenance, along with the blades.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WDH

Portable jobs become much easier.  Just carry the mill in your pocket. 

drobertson

Might try the new improved heat treated square tooth picks for stickers,  I know that the wooden grilling skewers work good for small cookies. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jim_Wahl

Just think of all the support equipment you'll need now! A model end loader or skid steer loader, or maybe even both. Perhaps if things get to really rolling a model log truck with a built in loader. You're going to be saying to yourself "What have I gotten myself into?!?" Don't let that bother you though. I am sure everything will work out!
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

Thank You Sponsors!