iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bonehead

Started by Peter Drouin, December 01, 2014, 06:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I Got a 8"x12"x 26' beam out of this and went to pick it up off the mill, just cot the thing arg-smiley arg-smiley arg-smiley

How stupid can I be  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Tree Dan

Yup you bone headed that one nice there Pete ;D :o
A piece of pipe, some heat and a square and no one will know.
With all the sawing you do your bound to have the odd catch here and there.
Nice Log though :new_year:
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

drobertson

I got one, but I'm not going to show it :D  nailed my lift arm way back with the fork, it happens..
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

47sawdust

I refer to myself as ''Grandpa Bonehead'' when i do something like that to distinguish myself.Takes a big man to put it right out there ,Peter.It coulda been a lot worse.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

loggah

I find if you never do anything,you dont break anything !! ;D its a simple fix !!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Magicman

Nope, not bonehead or stupid.  Stuff just happens and we suck it up and move on.  As long as we have ourselves we do not need enemies.   ;D   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Like I say,you have to do something,to break something.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Yep.....Bonehead......nothing but pure T bonehead!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Like me sticking a fork through my LT40 tire. You are now a member of the "Bonehead Club".

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Hope it didn't put a twist in the main beam.  Otherwise, fix and go.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Anytime that I get real close to my mill with forks, bad things happen  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

well at least you stopped before you tipped your mill over :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on December 01, 2014, 08:40:10 PM
well at least you stopped before you tipped your mill over :D :D

Ohhhhh......if he had tipped his mill over..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

it would be on like Donkey Gong!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

drobertson

You know, now after looking at the angle of the bend,, I bet it rocked a little bit :D :D :D  I bet there was some mumbling going on at that moment :D :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Quote from: drobertson on December 01, 2014, 08:48:14 PM
I bet there was some screaming and shouting mumbling going on at that moment :D :D

:) :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

FOR SALE

2008 LT40 SUPER

Tipped over ONLY once. Bent bed extension, engine flat on one side, smokes a little.

Call Peter Bonehead at 555-5300.

No spamers, please.  :D :D :D

....love ya Peter  :)

Peter Drouin

Quote from: drobertson on December 01, 2014, 08:48:14 PM
You know, now after looking at the angle of the bend,, I bet it rocked a little bit :D :D :D  I bet there was some mumbling going on at that moment :D :D

The arm was next to the main frame,  I was in a hurry and the tip of the fork caught the arm , And when you pull for the forks to come back John don't care, The forks come back ,  :D :D :D
Quote from: loggah on December 01, 2014, 07:02:49 PM
its a simple fix !!

smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That would have scared my GOAT!  :o

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 01, 2014, 09:00:58 PM
FOR SALE

2008 LT40 SUPER

Tipped over ONLY once. Bent bed extension, engine flat on one side, smokes a little.

Call Peter Bonehead at 555-5300.

No spamers, please.  :D :D :D

....love ya Peter  :)

:D :D :D 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Dave Shepard

At least you can steal one off the far end of the extension until the new part comes. The same part on my extension has no stainless bed sleeve for that same reason. :D I'm glad you didn't flip it over. When I pick slabs in front of the loading arms, sometimes the forks just catch that round tube. The LULL really doesn't care what is on there, and it wouldn't take much to catapult the mill onto it's back. :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Dave Shepard on December 01, 2014, 09:53:39 PM
At least you can steal one off the far end of the extension until the new part comes. The same part on my extension has no stainless bed sleeve for that same reason. :D I'm glad you didn't flip it over. When I pick slabs in front of the loading arms, sometimes the forks just catch that round tube. The LULL really doesn't care what is on there, and it wouldn't take much to catapult the mill onto it's back. :o

Did that, :D :D :D :D 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Brucer

I really, really don't like loading or unloading my mill with a machine. I've had some close calls and almost did what Peter did.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

customsawyer

Take the bolt out of the free end of the rail and let John push it back down. ;) Don't ask how I know.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Tom L

I always feel better fixing something when I break it myself. if someone else was running the machine and broke it , it makes the job that much harder knowing I didn't break it in the first place.
good luck with the repair

Thank You Sponsors!