New Logo

Started by Tam-i-am, November 29, 2014, 01:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Well we are excited about the number of calls and emails about our legs.  We have decided to brand them and have a web page all their own.
Jeff is going to help me build a new website hopefully this week.  He has already made two logos for our new brand.

Check them out and let me know which you like better.  The size is no indication of which we like better more of a problem with me knowing how to use photoshop.

or

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

beenthere

The feminine "leg" one will get one's attention the quickest, IMO.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clww

I like the upper one (topest?) better.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ljohnsaw

I like the first one (assuming your product is table legs ;))  Curious as to why you spell it that way.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Dave Shepard

Shouldn't they be called LegRites, not Rite Legs?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DR_Buck

I like the top one.   Although the bottom is kind of funny, my first thought was "Topless Bar".    8)      I can't help it, it's the sailor instinct coming out.     ;D

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Kitty

I like the top one...I see strength and clean lines being represented well.
:)

thecfarm

The first one for me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Magicman

The top because it shows your product.  You are marketing a topless product intended for the customer to top, but I do not see that it is or will be "always topless".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

John Mc

I agree with the sentiments already expressed: the upper one shows the lines of your product much better. The lower one does evoke more a topless bar.

The "Topless" bit is a clever tag line, but not something that needs to be in the logo. It might turn some people off, but the absence of it certainly would not offend anyone. Also, it's at least possible you'd sell some with tops at some point. I'd be inclined to drop the "Always Topless" from the logo, and perhaps substitute "A Logrite Company" or "A Division of LogRite", to capitalize on the name recognition and quality reputation you already have.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

scsmith42

I wonder what it would look like if you substituted the "leg" in the second one for the horizontal brace in the first one?
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Wallys World

I agree with John Mc. Go with your reputation you already have. LogRite equals quality, play that end of it up.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

davidlarson

I think if you look closely, you will see that the picture of a Rite Leg actually represents a normal female human left leg.   Probably not a good idea to ask how I am familiar with the details  of right-left anatomy of female legs.
David L. 

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: davidlarson on November 30, 2014, 11:34:55 PM
I think if you look closely, you will see that the picture of a Rite Leg actually represents a normal female human left leg.   Probably not a good idea to ask how I am familiar with the details  of right-left anatomy of female legs.
David L.

I noticed that as well...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Tam-i-am

Thanks for the comments.

We thought the Right leg was clever as in correct or right side.  Then we chose to use Rite only as a connection to Logrite for the time that it would be connected to Logrite.  It took along time to come up with a name with leg in it that wouldn't bring you to a website you don't want customers to get to accidentally. ;)  We had played with just legs, bare legs etc.

As for logos I don't think they need to show what you do, for example Stihl, IBM, Xerox their name is their logo.  Then you have the Nike swish, or  all the logos for cars.  Most logos tell you nothing about what the company does.  And for a while now including a tag line into your logo is popular.  At least this is the info different marketing people have conveyed to us.  So we tried to come up with something that met those criteria.

Carson-saws

Did they get that idea from "Christmas Story" lamp?
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Tam-i-am

I just know how we came up with the name.  Then we asked Jeff to come up with a logo.
I don't know what inspiration he had when he came up with it.

Logger RK

Second one caught my eye  :o