iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Early Christmas present

Started by Ljohnsaw, November 28, 2014, 12:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

Been needing a new cordless drill since my Maketa 9.6v gave up quite a few years ago.  Hmm, probably 10 years ago :D  Anyhow, we had a 12 or 14v Dewalt at work that was fantastic!  Was thinking about buying one last year.  Then they came out with the 18v, now the 20v.  Kind of like computers - obsolete the minute you get them home ::)

The big blue box store had a Black Friday sale (that started Wednesday, midnight).  I went Wednesday to check stock and the guy said, don't bother coming in, just buy them online!  So I did, last night.  Big Blue is an east-coast chain so the prices went into effect 9pm Pacific.  I got (list price $399) a 4 piece cordless set (drill, impact drill, saws-all & LED light) for $249.  It comes with two 2AH batteries - not the best but very light weight - charger and a soft carry bag.  I'll probably buy a couple of 4AH or the new 5AH when they go on sale sometime.  Tools have a 2 year and the batteries 3 year warranty.

Other stores had the two drill combos for $299-$349 but probably the 3AH batteries.  I don't understand why they hide the battery size - very frustrating!

If you're looking for something, they might still have some stock.

edit:  Went back and found they had the 4AH XR Max batteries on sale - a 2-pack for $119 so I got those, too.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Chuck White

I have the DeWalt drill-driver and impact driver, I haven't seen or used anything better!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have the Dewalt impact driver also....18v. It'll pull some lugs off a tractor wheel.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ljohnsaw

Wow, can't believe its been 2 years since I got my drill/saw set.  Still love it.

I added the 6½" 20v circular saw this past spring.  I picked it up as a set with 5amp-hr battery and high speed charger.  That charger is a must with anything bigger than the 3amp-hr batteries.  Great saw - really made doing my FasWal blocks go fast on my cabin build.

Well, HD ran a special on the new DeWalt 400cfm/90mph 20v leaf blower, 20v string trimmer and a 5amp-hr battery - all for $249.  The bare tools run $119 to $129 so this was like getting a free battery ($50-60 value).  Picked up my order today.  My name and address were plastered on the boxes so I got what they intended to ship to me.  What a nice surprise!  What I got were too complete kits - that is, a 5amp-hr battery and a high speed charger with each tool.  The complete tool packages run $249-$379 depending on where you go.  So, I got a BOGO deal!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!