iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas present for processor

Started by CTL logger, November 27, 2014, 10:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTL logger

Putting these on tomorrow!! No black Friday special here only 1.60 per pound. Not oem Komatsu parts they wore out about a year sooner than the salesman or reps said they would oh and they're twice as much.

BargeMonkey

Ouch. Yeah i would say merry christmas but thats not funny. Doing the whole thing or just chain and pads ?

Nate379

snowstorm

are those sealed and lubed? or just sealed? close to 10k sounds like a pretty good Christmas present

deastman

Sounds like the dealer didn't go good for them?
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

Jamie_C

How many hours were on them ? The Tigercat 855 i run has 26500 hours on the original sprockets, chains and pads. Most companies claim about 8000 to 10000 hrs for bunchers and 12000 to 15000 hrs for processors.

CTL logger

Quote from: Jamie_C on November 28, 2014, 06:43:54 PM
How many hours were on them ? The Tigercat 855 i run has 26500 hours on the original sprockets, chains and pads. Most companies claim about 8000 to 10000 hrs for bunchers and 12000 to 15000 hrs for processors.
This what I've been saying to them for months, buy them I mean Komatsu  dealer and reps they said I should be happy to have got 6000 hrs on them. I would have felt a little better if it had 8k on it that's another year of running. When I bought this machine the factory reps assured me that if I ran it as a processor it should get 8k hrs. This just assures I won't buy their products in the future. Those are impressive numbers on those tigercats I've been thinking about getting a LX830C in the spring. We go above and beyond to protect our undercarriage, I have a fuel tank that sits in the woods and the machine only come out to the landing for major repairs or when the job is finished.

BargeMonkey

Ive been told 4500-6000hr is doing good on a 425 as a buncher, and a 445 would usually get 8000. Ive done a few rollers and 1 idler this yr, with 4400 on the machine. Be time for sprockets come spring.

Jamie_C

We put a lot of miles on the undercarriage, machines come to the road at the end of every night shift plus a few times on dayshift for repairs or if it's pouring rain. Block we are on now was a 25 minute walk in the machine until i cut out a shorter trail. Likely average 15 minutes from landing to where we start processing, sometimes over ground so rocky you need to lift or push the machine with the head to get over the rocks. Granite, mud and steel isn't a good combination for traction.

Our undercarriages are all Berko if i remember correctly.

lumbertick

We just had to replace the tracks on our fabtek 133 and we got about 6000 hrs... We were running ITR chain and rollers and Berko sprockets

CTL logger

Finished it up this morning took about a day and a half, would've been less if it would have gotten above 20°. The mud that was on things needed to be heated to scrape it off. The compressor kept icing up as well so did most of it with hand tools. I put 28" on this time to give it a little more floatation we don't work in rocky ground too much so we'll see how the hold up.

chevytaHOE5674

How do you like the Rolly II head? Woodlands computer? Is it a bar saw or a rotosaw? Thanks

BargeMonkey

Thats a sharp looking cutter.   ;)

CTL logger

I really like the head, it has a woodland computer and has the rotosaw bottom on it. I think I've completely rebuilt the saw bottom over the last month. Two new saw motors, new bearing, two new cylinders and a bunch of plating and welding other than normal wear and tear it's held up well.

chevytaHOE5674

Have you ran a bar saw processor before? How does the roto saw compare?

CTL logger

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on November 29, 2014, 10:22:38 PM
Have you ran a bar saw processor before? How does the roto saw compare?

My last one had a bar saw on it, I don't miss sharpening and fixing chains, or straightening bars. For what we do I would buy another one with a disc saw. We've cut some pretty big timber with it, for a fixed head I prefer the disc.

Ken

I sure hope to get more than 6000 hours out of mine.  We don't walk the machine any more than we have to and always in low gear.  Do you guys try to keep the mud from building up around the undercarriage in the winter?  Seems to me that it would be a full time job.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

thecfarm

I had a logger that has 2 on tracks,one hot saw and one processor. The machines stay in the woods and the operators walk in and out of the woods. The forwarder would bring in fuel to them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lumbertick

We try to keep the mud out but really can only keep up with keeping the mud out of the top rollers so they will go around..

Thank You Sponsors!