iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Treated lumber?

Started by WoodChucker, August 08, 2004, 09:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodChucker

Do you guys use treated wood to stack your stickered lumber on inside the kiln for drying, or do you cut your own? Is treated lumber even acceptable? Thanks!

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Don_Lewis

I don't recall anyone except treating plants using treated wood stickers. I think I would be concerned about the amount of handling. Certainly would not use them until they had been kiln dried and heated to at least 130F

Den Socling

You should cut your own from 'good junk'. Stickers cut from treated lumber would be expensive. Also, they aren't going to rot as fast as they get broken.

WoodChucker

I guess I said it wrong. I'm not talking about the stickers, I meant the post or beams that you lay down across your kiln cart or cinder blocks, if thats what your using, to support the load and that you put your stickers and lumber on top of.  I've been using treated ones for air-drying but I'm not sure if I should use them inside the kiln? Thanks!

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Den Socling

Oh! Fat stickers.  :D I call them 'stackers'. I think most people use boxed hearts.

WoodChucker

lol, yeah that's them. Would I need to dry them first or would they work green? Thanks!

R.T.

Den Socling

WoodChucker

Okay, thanks Den. Guess I just gotta hope they don't end up looking like boomerang's, hey?  ;D

R.T.

Den Socling

Under your pack(s) of wood? Not much is going to move. And most are soaked with condensation at least part of the time.

WoodChucker

Den, thanks for the additional info.

R.T.

Thank You Sponsors!