iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

- Anyone ever dealt with Ricer Equipment in OH ? -

Started by BargeMonkey, November 26, 2014, 09:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Ive still been beating the idea of a harvester around, but right now it would sit more than i could use it. Saw a 460D cable sitting down at Ricer in OH and called on it, looks a little rough but i think they wanna get off of it pretty quick.
Am i buying a headache ? Right now i could use a big cable with 23.1's pretty bad, my grapple works ok but is wide sometimes, and the 440D goes ok but taking 3 at a clip doesnt gain me much. It needs probably 5-7k plus rubber, kicking the idea around. My local bank gave me such a hard time on an older harvester a few months ago i wanted to scream, getting to the point if i cant pay cash i wont buy it.
Question for you KY-OH guys, how hard are the cable skidders run down your way ? I know its a skidder but do most of them look this thrashed ? Its sat on their back lot for 1yr with a blown engine, they knew the original owner and has a new engine and around 10k hrs. Anyone dealt with Ricer before ? 

Doesnt look to bad but i dont know.

donny hochstetler

dealt with the old man years ago it has changed hands since dont know if its family or not tom ricer was a straight shooter i have never heard anything bad about em .they r tigercat dealer if i wouldhave to guess this would have been a tradein on new If i would b in the market i would check it out n use your best jdgmnt 4 the price of new you can do some repairs i figure it prob came out of southern ohio or kentucky good luck

BargeMonkey

The guy was honest, said they had ripped the winch off a few times. Had a 6000 on it but was replaced with an 8" lowspeed 4k and new arch a little while ago. I cant justify 100k plus for it to sit, im just at that point where ive gotta make wood fly when im home off the boat. With my luck it will be gone before i can get down there to look at it.

Maine logger88

You should buy it so I can come down and try it out lol!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

donny hochstetler

ya if you wana go look at it let me know maybe we can ride down together n share some wild stories im prob. about 3hrs. from there

BargeMonkey

Sweet. The wife can be the DD.  :D  im just tossing ideas around, my biggest problem is time. I have X amount of days/hours per month to grind wood out before i go back. The help isnt out there, and its not worth the headaches. Plus i like collecting full scale size toys, i didnt grow up just my sandbox got bigger.  :D  :D :D

KyLogger

They are about an hour and a half north of me. I know the owners son, seems pretty honest. But he's a salesman...... They do get alot of thrashed machines in there. The ground that the cable machines work is usually STEEP and rocky, so the machines get the crap run outta em'. I have been eyeballing the 440 they have on their website. Been waiting for a rainy day to run up there and check er' out.
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

Thank You Sponsors!