iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Throw away your pole saw ???

Started by g_man, November 27, 2014, 06:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_man

I saw this and thought it looked interesting. I wish they showed it go over a weeviled spot instead of just perfect trees. On the other hand if you are pruning weevil trees, like me, you probably can't afford it.  :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJVz8N_PJ2E

Happy Thanksgiving all

gg

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

HiTech

Wow!!! never saw anything like it. You are right...it does make you dizzy. lol

Ford_man

loggah

I have an old ad somewhere of a similar machine from back  in the 50's,they called it a "TREE MONKEY" i dont think they worked very well,and this one would have to have perfect trees to work on also. ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Banjo picker

I bet it cost more than the antique pruner/saw I got at a yard sale for $5.00 too. 
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

beenthere

As Loggah mentioned, there was one called the "Tree Monkey" and I recall it being demo'd in the middle 60's. Regardless, it did very similar to this demo but was not remote controlled. Had enough problems such as getting stuck in a tree when the saw engine failed (likely better engines now), but did a respectable job pruning when everything worked. We used it for a period of time on a stand of 30 yr old red pine. If the tree wasn't pretty close to perfect, it didn't get pruned.
There was a mechanical release that kicked it into reverse when a min. tree diameter was reached.
This one shown has features, such as the guide bar on top that won't let the rig move up until the whirl of limbs are trimmed. Eliminates getting stuck moving up to fast.

Older threads
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,4036.msg53915.html#msg53915

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,16067.msg229377.html#msg229377
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

KyLogger

Pruning trees.............. you guys need to talk to the arboristy guys ;) I have never seen the like. Not for harvest timber. Course I don't log softwood plantations either......... When I was a kid in FL. I remember them pruning the citrus trees with a crazy contraption, mowed top and sides at the same time. I know it's totally different but made me think of it.
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

coxy

did you see how much bark that thing took off the tree when he moved it to the other tree that cant be good

BargeMonkey

That was pretty neat. Dont see it working to well in anything less than nice pine.

RayMO

Like to have one of those to turn loose on a stand of ERC before I cut it  8)
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

longtime lurker

i feel sorry for the guy - according to his tube blurb they've been perfecting it for years.

They shoulda just got one of the perfected ones from Seirei in Japan - that have been in use for the last 20 years. :D
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

drobertson

Looks pretty handy, if they work consistently, it could be a big help and very limby trees. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!