iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any info on TJ 1210 forwarder

Started by mbennett184, November 25, 2014, 07:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbennett184

Hey guys I'm new on here and never owned a forwarder. Found what I think is a good deal on a 1995 timberjack 1210. Any info someone has on this model would be really appreciated. Thanks

bushmechanic

I would stay away from that model of forwarder if I were you unless your a super wiz with electrical and hydraulic systems. That machine is overly complex in it's systems. A buddie of mine bought one cause he "got a good deal" on it. It sits in his yard now and he said it's only good for loading wood. Does the one your looking at have a 6 cylinder Perkins engine? I told him he should swap the transmission and transfer case and then it would be a good machine.

mbennett184

Well thanks for the info but I already bought it unfortunately. I drove up to the u.p. and ran 4 different models and for the price the 1210 is what I ended up with.  Didn't want to spend to much on one because we're not sure how much a forwarder will benefit us here in indiana as no one that I know of uses them around here.  However if you have anymore details on what exactly your friend had problems with i would appreciate it and maybe I can at least study up and be half way ready for a breakdown.

thecfarm

mbennett184,welcome to the forum. By the way, we like pictures.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BargeMonkey

Which dealer did it come out of ?? Pats ?

mbennett184

Cfarm, I'll try to post some while I'm laying on the couch after stuffing myself today. Bargemonkey, we actually got it from Delich.

logger444

How is the forwarder going. How much was it and how many hours. I'm looking for one.

Thank You Sponsors!