1270d

Started by lumbertick, November 24, 2014, 09:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumbertick

Anybody ever ran a timberjack 1270d?
If so what's the pros and cons
This one has a waratah 616c head on it

1270d

AIS has some videos on youtube of a d model with a 616.  It looks slower than the 480.  What is the advertised benefit of the 616C head over the 480C.  Seems like the 616 has smaller motors, smaller cut diameter ( by quite a bit)    Is it cheaper, or supposed to last longer. 

Must be something good, Ive heard of quite a few guys in the LP buying them.  Having to give up the squit boom, and lower knives wouldn;t be so great.

Ken

I researched the 600 series heads before making my purchase this spring.  As 1270d said I did not like the idea of not having lower grab arms as I deal with a lot of unmerchantables.  The 600 series heads are also bulkier than the 480 which made me think they may be harder to do selective cuts with.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

lumbertick

They say the 616 is faster then the 480 and it is built a lot heavier to do hardwood... Everyone I talked to down here that has ran both say the 616 eats the hardwood up and the 480 breaks when they run a lot of big hardwood...

furltech

I have run a 1270d but it had a 754 head on it

lumbertick

Finally got it on the job and ran it for the first time today... A lot diffrent then the fabtek but I love it so far... Sure eats the wood up in a hurry!

1270d

Just a demo, or you in it full time now?

lumbertick

Just signed papers today... In a red pine thinning right now... Today was my first full day in it was cutting 10 per hour.. Hopping to average 15 by end if next week

1270d

One thing for sure.  You'll be a lot more comfortable while you work.

lumbertick

Just signed papers today... In a red pine thinning right now... Today was my first full day in it was cutting 10 per hour.. Hopping to average 15 by end if next week

lumbertick

Oh ya way better... The biggest thing is learning the boom it's ass backwards to my fabtek lol...

1270d

Left hand parallel?

lumbertick

Ya the left stick is the jib and the right the main lift

1270d

With no squirt boom is the left hand z button open?   If it is you should see if they can set up proportional feed on that switch.   That would be real nice to have.

lumbertick

Ya it is open... They said they can set any switch to what I want... Right now it doesn't do anything... You got Facebook? I got a video off it on my page

Thank You Sponsors!