iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A little campfire snack

Started by grandgourmand, November 24, 2014, 11:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandgourmand

My woodlot is mostly for personal enjoyment.  By that, I mean cut and split a bit of wood to take home for my firepit.  And, since I'm there get a bit of a campfire going and enjoy some of that extra flavour from cooking over coals (in this case, mostly black cherry).  These are lamb skewers.  Italians call them "spieducci" and they taste great with just salt and pepper.  Add some whole cumin seeds and all of a sudden you have "lamb shashlik", which is northern chinese style.  Even better!!

Not pictured was the kielbasa I grilled after.  Browned and crispy on a nice bun with yellow mustard.  One of my favourite things to eat EVER!

luvmexfood

Not pictured was the kielbasa I grilled after.  Browned and crispy on a nice bun with yellow mustard.  One of my favourite things to eat EVER!

x2. But my bloodpressure keeps me from eating them much. Them on a bun with a little mustard and kraut and I am good to go.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

goose63

Now that I am having a beer you are making me hungry
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

sawguy21

YUM!!!  ;D That is the only way I will eat hot dogs, cooked until they bubble and split then on a bun with mustard.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

luvmexfood

Just thinking. I did have a receipe for foil dinners. You basically cubed some beef, chunked up some carrots, onions and potatoes and mixed in mushroom soup. Spooned out a helping on aluminum foil, folded up and wrapped real good then buried in ashes with hot coals on them.

Probably would be good to slice up a kielbasa, onions and peppers wrap in foil and bury the same way except leave the soup out.

Either is something you can do and then go about working for awhile then comeback and have a good warm hearty meal.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Chuck White

To me, hot dogs never taste better than when they're skewered on a stick and roasted over firewood coals!  bon_fire bon_fire bon_fire
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

grandgourmand

I don't think it's just hot dogs.  So much stuff tastes better cooked over hardwood coal.

I also have a really good soup recipe that's dead easy and tastes great.  Fry up some finely sliced onions, finely chopped cabbage and some chunks of kielbasa (small bite sizes).  When the cabbage softens, pour over some chicken stock (I used low salt store bought...it's just easier).  Season to your liking and it's good to go.  A bit of the wood smoke gets into the soup and, of course, cabbage and kielbasa taste great!  I've made it a bunch of times for different people.  Some think it looks a little too simple but end up loving it.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Anything....homemade......always taste better outside and if its over hot coals, thats a plus.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!