iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Should make for a crappy mess!

Started by Woodhauler, November 24, 2014, 10:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

3/4to 1 inch rain today, 10 inches of snow mid week!!! :o
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Autocar

We got a inch here this morning and with last weeks snow melt we are done here till it freezes up , temperature has dropped 13 degrees already.
Bill

Maine logger88

Yup no fun for sure. Gonna be a few days till I can send any wood I guess.
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Tom_Averwater

4 " of mud yesterday after the frost melted , and now 1-1/4"of rain . Don't even think about getting off the driveway .
He who dies with the most toys wins .

luvmexfood

Snow rain and mud last week. Course I just haul on a trailer behind a pickup. Small scale but when you don't have a job you do with what you have to do with. Actually did good on that load. Course 5 hard maple and two poplar. $269.50 for about 6 hrs work.

Anyway tried to get in Wednesday to get a load. Going up a hill and truck spun out and all the sudden sliding off the hill backwards. Was lucky enough to keep the trailer from jacknifing. Finally reached down and turned the trailer brakes up a little and luckly hit that sweet spot where they slowed me without locking up.

Did a test run Saturday to see if I could get a load out. No trailer. While out I loaded about a quarter load of firewood. Started off a hill that is sort of sidling. Started sliding off the hill but was able to gun it a little and get the truck back up on to the correct tract.

Otherwise it would have been front end over an embankment. Rain again last night but a lot of wind today with sunshine. Going to try again in the morning. Log yard closes tommorow at noon for the rest of the week.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

lopet

Same here. Lots of mud and no fun at all.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

luvmexfood

Don't think there is anything slicker than when the ground is froze up and the top inch or two thaws. When you start sliding about all you can do is hang on and go for the ride.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

barbender

Froze solid up here ::) It was -4°F out in the woods this morning.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!