iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

346XP Help

Started by Hitchcock Woods, November 24, 2014, 09:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitchcock Woods

Alright, we have a new sprocket on our 346XP, oiler is working fine, tension screw is maxed out, this is the second chain on this bar and it has "stretched" both chains prematurely, any thoughts? 
Chain Saws         Vehicles            LogSplitter
MS 192TC          6100D x2     TimberWolf TW3
MS 391               L2800
MS 441              HPX Gator
346XP           Honda4x4 Rancher
372XP              4x4 Frontier
HT 101 x2
MS 311

Nate379

Take a driver or two out of the chain.  Just remember the driver # when making new chains in the future (or do like me and write it down!)  A lot of times the same driver length is spec'd for the saw without considering the sprocket size (ie could be from 6 pin to 8 pin on alot of saws) or even different brand bars the same advertised length aren't quite the same too.

I haven't had any issues with stretching with Stihl chain, though it is $$ vs Oregon chain.

Cornishman

If you havn't  already done it probably worth checking the nose sprocket. Presumably it is a good quality chain you are getting.

Hitchcock Woods

New bar and chain, and i'm running a less viscous oil in it and i haven't had to do as much chain tightening as before.  Everything seems to be running smoothly on it now.  Just have to keep greasing the nose sprocket and making sure my oiler holes are clear!
Chain Saws         Vehicles            LogSplitter
MS 192TC          6100D x2     TimberWolf TW3
MS 391               L2800
MS 441              HPX Gator
346XP           Honda4x4 Rancher
372XP              4x4 Frontier
HT 101 x2
MS 311

Thank You Sponsors!