iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking 2000 Headrig Lowering n more

Started by 4x4American, November 22, 2014, 09:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

A high pitched screaming noise is either a belt or a pressure relief valve. I've only sawn a little bit of spruce, and I didn't think it was easy sawing. Well, the parts between the knots was easy. Spruce knots are hard.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: 4x4American on December 21, 2014, 11:39:38 AM
Mike there at the factory told me that wasn't a good idea because that top part where the u-thing rides on isn't set perfectly parallel to the guide arm, so it could throw off the parallelness of the blade to the bed.

Mike isn't the one trying to make a living cutting lumber.  Level the head (to the bunks) by adjusting the nuts at the top of the carriage and then do the mod.  You will be much happier with the mill.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

TimGA

Cold hyd oil - loose hyd drive belt = squeal.  Let mill run and warm up oil. Should be fine.
                          Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

ladylake

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on December 21, 2014, 01:15:38 PM
Mike there at the factory told me that wasn't a good idea because that top part where the u-thing rides on isn't set perfectly parallel to the guide arm, so it could throw off the parallelness of the blade to the bed.

Mike isn't the one trying to make a living cutting lumber.  Level the head (to the bunks) by adjusting the nuts at the top of the carriage and then do the mod.  You will be much happier with the mill.

Right there are plenty of adjustments, when I did my brothers TK 2000 none were needed as the blade was parallel with the top frame.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

sandsawmill14

Quote from: kensfarm on December 20, 2014, 03:34:22 PM
What hardware interface and programming language did you use to create your own setworks?  Wouldn't it have been easier to just fix the existing setworks?  I've been a software engineer for over 30 years.

yes would have been easier and probably cheaper but i think this will be better (for me anyway. we have alot of presets cant sizes and different board thicknesses  and it is all adjustable from touch screen. All i know about hardware and such is he said its velocio and is for windows.
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

4x4American

Quote from: Dave Shepard on December 21, 2014, 12:09:10 PM
A high pitched screaming noise is either a belt or a pressure relief valve. I've only sawn a little bit of spruce, and I didn't think it was easy sawing. Well, the parts between the knots was easy. Spruce knots are hard.

huh.  Well must be my mesharps ams purdy good cause they blazed through the knots without deflecting/waving.  I think it's the belt.
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

sandsawmill14

4x4    i get that bulge sometimes when sawing softwoods, usually poplar or cypress. I run my hyd flow almost all open and control it with the stick so i just start in the log real slow for about the first 3 or 4" then let it go fast as my little motor can pull it.   Far as the setworks...  seems to work good in the shop, but got an issue between windows 7 and 8.1 :o (we think), works wonderful with win 7 but locks up with win 8.1(touch screen is win8.1) should be easy fix he said but we will see when he calls them tomorrow.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: 4x4American on December 21, 2014, 09:00:13 PM
They should put a block heater in the hydraulic tank  :D

Engine don't have a block heater either.  Thing is a pita to start up in the morn.  She's cold blooded.  Runs like a song when she's runnin though.

i always tie the handle back on log turner to warm up in the morning. those motors will heat oil faster than anything i know of

Larry

Does anyone on here with a TK have a problem in the cold where if you do two hydraulic functions at once it will make a really loud, high pitched screaming noise? (i.e. raise both roller toeboards at same time, lift up chain log turner and turn chain at same time, raise/lower headrig while moving forwards or backwards, etc.)  Almost sounds like a belt slipping or something.

You didn't do any "adjusting" on the hydraulic solenoid valve did you? ???  You can fess up here, were all friends. :D

You positively cannot run two hydraulic functions with the setworks in use.  Down hydraulic function only.  If you do some other hydraulic function at the same time it will introduce error in the setworks drop.  When the setworks is finished making a drop you can run as many hydraulic functions as you want. 
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on December 21, 2014, 09:14:26 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on December 21, 2014, 09:00:13 PM
They should put a block heater in the hydraulic tank  :D

Engine don't have a block heater either.  Thing is a pita to start up in the morn.  She's cold blooded.  Runs like a song when she's runnin though.

i always tie the handle back on log turner to warm up in the morning. those motors will heat oil faster than anything i know of

Thanks for the tip!  Will surely give it a try.
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

hunz

I don't mean to offend you or the manufacturer in any way. I am sure many reading this thread have thought it, but i'll just say it. If my $40,000 mill, did all that you have posted in the first 100 hours, I would call up TK and tell them to come pick up their lemon like yesterday. A new mill should not need modifications to cut straight lumber. Period. Nor should it do things without you touching controls.
  If you went and bought a new Ford pickup, and the steering wheel had play in it, it crept forward in park, and made a racket to boot due to a faulty belt tensioner, would you tell Ford to come get their truck? I sure would. You paid good money for that thing, you should have good results.
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

sandsawmill14

4x4  it might be worth putting a ball valve in the line on the on cylinder then if it does the same as it did today you can turn the valve off and easily determine if it is the cylinder or not

xlogger

On my 2000 the chain you mention does stretch. I need to take a link out of my now, just not got around to it. I have about 900 hours on it. I don't understand how the head is dropping, I've not had any trouble with mine. The check valve sounds like a good idea. Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

ladylake

Sound like maybe some debris might be getting in one of the valves or cylinder causing intermittent problems.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on January 12, 2015, 12:05:32 AM
4x4  it might be worth putting a ball valve in the line on the on cylinder then if it does the same as it did today you can turn the valve off and easily determine if it is the cylinder or not

Not a bad thought.
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

What is your fuel situation for the mill? Kubota engines are not normally cold blooded. It should start below zero on one glow cycle with winterized fuel. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I thought you were going to take it back to TK, or have one of their people come to you?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

hunz

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 12, 2015, 09:44:38 AM
What is your fuel situation for the mill? Kubota engines are not normally cold blooded. It should start below zero on one glow cycle with winterized fuel. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I thought you were going to take it back to TK, or have one of their people come to you?

When I read 4x4's post about having to cycle the GPs 10 times to get it to start, I thought that ain't right.....cold blooded or not. That's another reason I literally think its a lemon mill, through and through. At 100 hours you have had all this happen; can you imagine what you'd be looking at with 500hrs. I bet you spend 500 hours troubleshooting problems! Its great to see other forum members try to help 4x4 out with troubleshooting, but man If my "acting up" list was that long, you better believe I was getting a brand new 2000 by the end of the week, free of charge along with free pickup of the lemon, and dropoff of the new.

4x4american,
  My hat is off to you with the level of patience you have, I just don't have it....yet. I really hate to see you get bent over like this. I personally would start making demands with TK today. In know the moderators may not like this post, as it is slightly bashing, but like I said....which one of you think this guy's mill is worth every penny he paid for it? Not me, at this rate a woodland's mill can put out more bd/ft an hour consistently than a top of the line hydraulic mill....
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

beenthere

4x4
Did you manage to get that mill back to the dealer/mfg. for the work they offered to do on the mill?

Seems we read a while back (Nov. 2014) that you were going to finish a job and then take the hour or so to get it in for their tune-up, adjustment, or parts if needed. (thread reply #23 where the work and reasons for taking to the dealer were offered).

Thread #'s 45, 47, and 55 where the OP planned to get the mill in for the service work. Puzzling that it still is doing this, and wonder what's up.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!