iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

you might be a bachelor if you------

Started by ozarkgem, November 22, 2014, 08:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

clean your floor with a air compressor and blow gun. I had to make a saw cut in my house today and I don't have a vacuum so I blew the sawdust into the center of the room and swept it up.
Feel free to ad your own ideas. I guess it wouldn't have to be just a bachelor idea.  its probably more of  a man thing.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Chuck White

I prefer the man thing!

Every once in a while, we'll get leaves, dust, & sawdust in our garage and I'll use my leaf blower to clean them out!

BUT,....... I always wait until the wife's Blazer is gone to town!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

If you blow the sawdust out of your truck with that leaf blower it will smell like exhaust.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nate379

Every time I wash my work clothes somehow the washer filter and dryer lint screen get plugged full of sawdust..

Before I had a heated garage I did once bring 5 or 6 55 gal drums in the house to melt the ice out of them.

I have cleaned parts in the kitchen sink a time or two.  I remember my Mom yelling at my Dad for doing that.  I guess he could have taken the thawing turkey out first... (Kidding!)

I have used the vacuum cleaner on the mattress to clean off dog hair cause the sheets got washed but never put back on till a few days kater.

Brucer

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

mrector

....if your chainsaws and spare sawmill blades are in your living room.
Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

WDH

....if you don't worry about the diesel smell in your clothes. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

coalsmok

You bring a lady friend over and get told your house smells like mouse poop and testosterone.
Yea I married her

sandhills

Let the dogs do the "heavy" dishwashing cycle.

drobertson

Quote from: sandhills on November 23, 2014, 09:15:21 AM
This is not reserved for bachelors only :D  But the wife must not see ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

Roxie

Cowboy Bob once came close to creating a pathway back to bachelorhood when he spray painted some Case tractor parts inside the garage, while my car was parked in said garage. 

If you're familiar with the bright orange Case paint, then you'll understand my shock when I backed the car out of the garage, and thought to myself that it was a particularly bright morning.  As I got out of the car at the mailbox, the sky changed color, and then I got a good look at my teal car now covered by an offsetting mist of unmistakable origin. 

What saved the relationship?  After some serious self reflection, I realized that it was easier to live with a two tone car than replace the Cowboy. 
Say when

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

luvmexfood

Quote from: sandhills on November 23, 2014, 09:15:21 AM

Seriously, I have had a couple of skillets that I fried chicken in and it had stuck some. Bad. Almost to the point of throwing away. Set them out for the beagle to get the crunchy stuck parts and when I went back to get them they were clean. No modern day detergent could have done better. Used a little dish detergent on them and good to go.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

luvmexfood

You have a load of laundry washed and dried that really needs to be folded or hung up that day. You put them on your bed so that they have to go up before you can go to bed.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Roxie

Thank you Chuck and Poston!  Pilgrims that cute don't come along everyday.   :)

Say when

Nate379

That never works.  Either I throw it all off the bed on the floor or sleep on the couch.  And the pile on the floor just gets picked from when I need clean clothes till it's gone.

Quote from: luvmexfood on November 23, 2014, 03:15:33 PM
You have a load of laundry washed and dried that really needs to be folded or hung up that day. You put them on your bed so that they have to go up before you can go to bed.

beenthere

Quote from: luvmexfood on November 23, 2014, 03:11:38 PM

Seriously, I have had a couple of skillets that I fried chicken in and it had stuck some. Bad. Almost to the point of throwing away. Set them out for the beagle to get the crunchy stuck parts and when I went back to get them they were clean. No modern day detergent could have done better. Used a little dish detergent on them and good to go.

Your use of "modern day detergent" on your frying pans may just be the reason that food is sticking to them. ;)  Takes the protective oils out of the metal...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

reswire

You might be a bachelor soon,,, if you go out the back door hunting, while your wife goes out the front door to work!   (At least I've been threatened). 
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

SawyerBrown

You might be a bachelor if you ... don't come up with the right answer to your wife's question, "Does this dress make me look fat?"
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

coxy

Quote from: SawyerBrown on November 23, 2014, 06:15:15 PM
You might be a bachelor if you ... don't come up with the right answer to your wife's question, "Does this dress make me look fat?"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Peter Drouin

How about cutting up a steer on the dining room table :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

ozarkgem

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

thecfarm

Husband told me this,wife was right next to him. She said it was true.
He needed a spray booth to paint his model A fender. Used the shower.
Needed a warm place to work on the snowmobile. Took out the front door of the house and hung a blanket up in the doorway.
When I lived along I did very little cooking. I kept the local pizza place going.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!