iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Perka steel-frame buildings

Started by grweldon, November 21, 2014, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grweldon

Howdy Folks...

Anybody here have any experience with Perka buildings?
http://www.perkabuildings.com

They are custom engineered steel frames that are bolted to a slab/pier and use 2 by lumber for the girts and purlins.  I'm thinking that on Monday, barring any negative opinions/experiences from y'all, I'm going to be putting a down payment on frames for a 40x80x16 steel building.  It will have five 16' bays with the center three enclosed.  Basically a 40x48 barn with a 16' extension on each gable end.

Wondering if others will post their experience with the company, both good and bad, and see if there is anything that will sway me away from buying from them...

Thanks,
Glen
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

ksu_chainsaw

Our neighbor has 3 or 4 of these for hay storage sheds.  No issues with any of them.  His were discounted for some reason, but his son used to work at the factory- only 40 miles away.  They went up faster that the full steel buildings that the other neighbor put up.  Havent heard anything bad about them.

Tom_Averwater

I've got a 50' x 60' Perka steel building I built about 10 years ago .  Everything worked out great . Would buy one again .
He who dies with the most toys wins .

grweldon

Great!  I'm going to be placing an order for 6 frames, 40' wide...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Thank You Sponsors!