iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its here!

Started by Jeff, August 07, 2004, 03:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Mrs. Arky, I guess the three long distant phone opperators in Arkansas are off duty over the weekend or else he would have called home.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Arky left late last evening to get a start towards home. He was going to stop after a bit and get some rest. I figured he would get home late this afternoon or early evening.  LBJ was the hit of the gathering.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sprucebunny

Den Socling --That's some neat wood!! I feel that way too. Am saving alot of pretty pieces to do Just the Right Thing with. The cat is great but slightly spooky. Jungle motif armoire??
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Wildflower

Well Jeff and Tom just took off for gods country.  I know they will have a great time.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

pasbuild

HA Wildflower are they comin my way??? after all I owe them a dinner :)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Wildflower

I am not sure in what direction they will travel after they hit the cabin. :D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Kirk_Allen

OK, now who is who?  I have to admit, I didnt think those in the Show-me State had quite the southern draw that I heard at the piggy roast.  

Arky, I think the truth is out.  

Bibby, double check your WM account ;D

ARKANSAWYER

I think Eunice the operator was off this weekend...I had offered to let Arky take my cell phone, but being a modern day neo-Luddite (to some extent, at least with regard to wireless telecommunication technology) he naturally turned it down.  At any rate, judging from the report about his departure time, I expect him and LBJ to be rolling in just any time now.  Sorry to those of you who had never met him before...now you know the reality is even more interesting than the legend!  Bibby, I will let you know if he shows up with that LT70, and if he does, it might be prudent to give Indy a call.... :o
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Yea,  I find those cell phone thingy's a bit of a chalange too. All them itsy-bitsy buttons and all.  Mary has one and if I need to use it,  she has to get it ringing first.  When I'm done talking,  I give it back to her to hang up.  I don't know how to get it to shut off short of stompin' it. ;D

SOMEBODY needs to get more sawing done down your way,  half the logs that are comin' to our place are comin' from just north of the border from y-all's place.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

LBJ is back on the farm giving the tree rats what for after her 1,875 mile trip.  We came in a back way and just skipped customs with the Yankee cedar.
  The pig was good even if we did not have any hickory.

The picking of the pig went quick and soon LBJ looked like a white, brown, black football with paws.

The food was great and some folks even ate the pickled okra.  I tried some of all of it by the time I was done and found none lacking.
  Got to met alot of members and even though some are hard to understand  ;D we had good visits.  I even met Furby and we let that just be that.
  There was some nice door prizes and I had nothing to do with Baker gift but it was nice of them as well as Rust Reaper and Log Rite tools and Jeffs sawmill.   Dan did a good job and even spelled my name right after he figured out who I was.. :D

Them who did not make it sure missed a good day.  I came home with nothing but some fine Yankee cedar, my dog, and some fine memories.
  Sorry for fooling you guys but I know how you all wanted to meet the Great Bibbyman and I am always one for a cheap thrill. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Sure glad you were there to represent me..... I think???
Sawing since '94

Corley5

Glad to hear ya made it home OK and didn't have any problems with customs.  The Southern cedar is hidden away in my shed after an uneventful and much shorter trip home.  Glad I didn't have to clear customs at Da Bridge  They may not have let me into Yooper Land with it;) ;D :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chet

QuoteSure glad you were there to represent me..... I think???

Yur right Bibby, ya really might want to think dat over.   :D   :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Buzz-sawyer

Well, well .........what an intense, action packed weekend!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I WAS NOT DISSAPOINTED in any part of the weekend...
Yuz guys and gals that didnt go ....arent showing yourselves any LOVE at all!!!! You dont get a chance to meet so many interesting characters in one setting, that many times in a life time...............
I must say as much as I like the members of forestry forum , after reading thier posts.........I like them much more in person....
It didnt take to much coaxing to get Tom and Charlie fired up and tellin  some good stories....Norm and Patty were as fun as you might expect, Furby was shyer in person that on the net though!!!
Pascale is character ready to crack a joke....
Ark is good fun to talk to and a live wire, ................

had a good time with all the YUPPERS  the ChETS and the PAASSBUILDS   what HOOT EH?  

and PAUL-H was a inteesting Canuck with a dry sense of humor, and quet nature........ Kirk Allen a super nice guy,

Tammy was a a bundle of MISCHIEF and FUN!!!
 JEFF, as always..... a all around regular guy, and the life of the party and the death of the pig 8) 8) 8).....
And all the rest just great folks 8) 8), I think I spoke with every member there at least 15 minites-to an hour......

thanks to all who came and especially my friends Jeff and Tammy

Don (buzz)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Kirk_Allen

Well it sounds like all made it home safe and sound.  It was a pleasure to finally meet all of you at the roast.  Heck, I feel like I even know Bibby real well now ;D

Arky it looks like I will be down your way on Tuesday.  Need a good tailman for the day?

Let me know.

Kirk

Captain

Glad the south didn't fall in without Arky there for a few days...

It was a destinct pleasure to meet all of the folks attending.  It just confirms that this is a place unlike no other.  Now the next event....Paul Bunyan in October....sounds like another party to me.

CAPTAIN

Cedarman

Heard on the news this morning that there was an unexplained dip in lumber production in the midwest which became apparent about midday Friday. Rumor had it there was a fantastic pig roast in north central Michigan well attended by some of the nations premier independent sawyers and their families. Production was expected to return to normal sometime Monday.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!