iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 55 Rancher

Started by Timberwerks, August 06, 2004, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timberwerks

Any comments on this saw? I just bought one tonight to have around for a back up, and for helpers to use. Seems like a nice little saw. Any quirks I should know about?

Dale

SasquatchMan

A Husky 55r?  Unreliable garbage.   :D :D

That saw has a reputation for being almost indestructable, and being absolutely dead solid.  Husky's most popular model around here.  Apparently, the newer designed 353 was sort of supposed to replace it, but Husqvarna has wisely kept it on the market.
Senior Member?  That's funny.

Timberwerks

That's great to hear. I just happened to be in Sear's while my wife was in one of her stores, saw the saw and had the Sear's card so I fiqured why not. ;D

Dale

Kevin

That's right, WHY NOT!  :D

Pete J

"The more saws the better" my grandma always used to say.

DanManofStihl

My neighbor has a 55 rancher and has had it for a while and he loves it it has not broken down on him the entire time he has owned it.
Two Things in life to be proud of a good wife and a good saw.

oldsaw

I almost bought one a couple of years ago, before Dad gave me two saws, then I got the the 066.

So, let's see.  Two Homelites, a Stihl, a Wards, and a Sears..that's five.  And I will admit to trying to make a deal on a little Stihl in a pawn shop last month.

Is there a 12 step program for chainsaws?  Or is Kevin right?
I'd like to believe Kevin, but I don't think he is a neutral party in this...seeing as how he has a big chainsaw picture on all of his posts.

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Rancher

Twelve step plan? Does that mean I HAVE to have 12. I still have 5 to go.
A shoppin' I will go...
If you're honest you don't have to trust your memory.

Oregon_Rob

Once you get sawdust in your blood, it's all over. Nothin anyone can do 8)
Chainsaw Nerd

Thank You Sponsors!