iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Camp steps

Started by Hilltop366, November 19, 2014, 12:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366

The old camp back steps (steps would be an exaggeration, a plank on two blocks of wood) were getting quite rotten so I made a replacement. The camp is a 20 min walk over a rough trail from the road and although we carried in some 2"x8" planks to re-deck the front steps I had no desire to carry in enough lumper to make rear steps so I brought in a chain saw instead. All cut free hand and guaranteed to be within a +/- 2" tolerance. ;D

My view from the table while having breakfast.

WmFritz

I'd say your tolerances were a whole bunch tighter than 2". Nice work work with the saw and   
You even have a landing!

What a view to wake up to.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

The steps are nice and I love your view.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Nice steps. Mighty nice view.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Hilltop366

Thanks for looking, We had gone out in September to cut some firewood and you could no longer see the lake from the camp, now after I cutdown some softwood trees and the leaves have all fallen off it is much better but I got an idea that I'll be cutting a few more.

Ljohnsaw

Hello, I'm from the County.  Where is your hand rail?  And make sure the balusters have no more than 4.5" gap so kids don't get their heads stuck in them.

Seriously, nice steps.  I think I'll do the same for my little bath house/cabin!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Hilltop366

Quote from: ljohnsaw on November 20, 2014, 07:49:47 PM
Hello, I'm from the County.  Where is your hand rail?  And make sure the balusters have no more than 4.5" gap so kids don't get their heads stuck in them.

Seriously, nice steps.  I think I'll do the same for my little bath house/cabin!

If you can find this camp and deliver the notice I will make the hand rail to your specs ;D, who knows I might even drive a few spikes in it so it doesn't wobble so much.

The landing logs are suppose to be thicker like the second step but I was running out of chain oil any time so I used the slabs I had.

Thank You Sponsors!