iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Real clothing for around the mill!!!

Started by Bigbo1234, November 19, 2014, 06:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbo1234

I have a Timberking 1600 and also work at a large mill and go through workwear fast! Just found another workwear producer and wondering if anyone has anything to say about em, its called "jobman workwear" i have the tough Duluth trading co. Angry beaver pants but i wore a nice big hole in the knee. Anyone know of work pants that last? Rough lumber is abraisive on clothing.
Bowen

Tripp

I really like the double thickness knee wild ass logging jeans from baileys.
The price is right too.

Tripp

4x4American

I second the wild ass britches from baileys, real tough.
Boy, back in my day..

VT_Forestry

Yup, wild ass from baileys...tough as nails and come with buttons for your suspenders!  :)
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Magicman

Riggs Workwear by Wrangler is 100% cotton and has a ripstop weave.  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ladylake

For those of you want to patch those holes get a product called Tear Mender, glues a patch on quick and last forever .  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Magicman

Thanks Steve, that looks like a wonderful product and it is available from many sources.  Tear Mender  Gonna get me some.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nate379

$10 a pair jeans from Wallnart.  Can buyvenough for a week on what those fancy jeans cost.

Magicman

Mine, including the Riggs, come from the VF Outlet.   ;D

Ludo

I too wear the Wild Ass jeans with suspenders- love them.  I really love them because not only do they wear forever but they are Made in the USA! 8) 8)  And they cost about $25 a pair  8) 8) 8) 8)

blade69001

Wildass double knee from Bailey's work great, I am not a fan of the bachelor buttons because I never leave the house without a belt  but otherwise they are the toughest jeans I own.

Sean P
Just being me, But it is ok you do not have to like me.

Will_Johnson

Worth noting that the Wild Ass jeans are affordable ($19.99 a pair) and they're made in USA from USA woven fabric.

Doesn't get much better -- or more real -- than that, folks.

FarmingSawyer

Good to know about the wild asses..... I've worn Carhartt double-knee loggers for ages, but then switched to Duluth Fire Hose lined & unlined last year. I like the cargo pockets, but the fabric tears easier than I think it should for being Fire Hose material..... Been on a couple of VFD's and if the hoses tore as easy as the pants do, our taxes would be a LOT higher......

The lined pants are the bees knees in the winter though. I worked all Jan, Feb & March in minus temps with long-johns and lined duluths....I never bothered to put on my insulated coveralls because they got too warm on sunny days......

Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

36 coupe

I use a leather apron when sawing cordwood.A short apron will keep the pitch off your pants when handling softwoods that are full of pitch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I respect everyone of Y'alls replies and love you all like brothers......

but if I'm wearing out clothes as fast as Y'all........I won't live to be 60.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

caveman

I have been wearing the Wild Ass single knee and the double knee Riggs after purchasing only Levis for 30 + years.  The price on the Wild Ass jeans is good, made in USA, and fit a lot like the Levis 505's from many years ago (prior to the Mexican and Malaysian manufacturing and price increase.  Wash them in hot water until the fit right then launder in cold water.  Occasionally, Bailey's will have them on sale in addition to offering free shipping.
Caveman

Magicman

Quote from: 36 coupe on November 19, 2014, 04:09:39 PM
I use a leather apron when sawing cordwood.
Yup, the leather welders waist apron is part of my sawing attire.

I have already answered one PM regarding the leather apron this morning.   :)

Holmes

I wear Riggs  ranger pants . Have for many years . They have double knee up thru thigh and leather on the right pocket to slow down tape measure wear. Quite often I buy them thru Baileys on sale around $35 a pair.  I use a tape measure all day every day and have never worn thru the leather pocket protector.
Think like a farmer.

mad murdock

Baileys double knee are good, I also like Prison Blues.  They are a little thicker denim. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Knute

I like that leather apron idea. I have used a carpenters apron, but its a little to short.

Magicman

Leather waist apron.  Actually this one was a bib apron that I cut off and riveted a belt onto. 

kelLOGg

I've worn out 2 pair of Duluth Fire Hose pants too fast. 2nd one was "free" but I had to pay shipping. Don't think I will get another pair. Glad to know about Wild Ass but they are out of my size. Maybe Carhartt soon.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

blade69001

I like the Apron idea since I am about to start cutting up a lot of fresh pine.
Sean P.
Just being me, But it is ok you do not have to like me.

Stephen1

I wear my chainsaw chaps, my issue is Gloves, I go thru gloves every 2 days of sawing, the right hand, I have a great supply of left hand gloves now :D
What is everyone using for gloves
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

FarmingSawyer

2nd that....what about gloves? I can't get a pair to last on my oversized paws for anything...... The insulated Duluth gloves lasted the longest last winter, but even they had electrical tape holding the fingers together after a few weeks. I'm trying a pair of insulated lobterman's gloves right now....but their mostly rubber and I imagine they will fail soon. At $12 a pair, 2 weeks isn't enough life out of gloves.
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

Thank You Sponsors!