iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ponsse ergo controls

Started by jamie, November 17, 2014, 06:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie

Hi guys, wondering if anyone had a control diagrams for a ponsse ergo harvester.

I finally ended up getting a chance to get in the seat of one and get some training, Wow. The guy is suppose to bring me a diagram, I won't be back for a couple days so I was curious if anyone had one I could look over to study in the meantime.

Thanks!

1270d

Which style controlls?  The newer ones can be set up just about any way you like.

jamie

Thanks 1270d, as far as I was concerned all the new machines we're made the same   ???

They look the same as this..
http://www.davepowerplant.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Ergo.png

Would that be called globe style controls ???

jamie

Also if it helps, I do remember a couple things right off..

-if you pulled up or down on the thumb stick,  it would run the rollers and feed  in/out
- first button right right under your index finger would open and shut the head
- the left side , 4 buttons beside the thumb stick all would control the level on the cutting head I think

snowstorm

there is a youtube vid of inside the cab of a ponsse harvester as he is running it. also one of a ponsse fowarder that the operator explains what every button dose

jamie

Thanks snowstorms! I'll check them out

1270d

The right thumb (z button) - up and down is feed, back and forth is steer. 
Right hand back and forth is main boom.  Side to side is rotator.
Left hand is boom in and out.  Side to side is swing.  Thumb is slide boom.   
This is how the parallel crane Ponsse I run is anyhow.
Every one of the rest of the buttons can be programmed. 

Those are the newest controls they offer. Comfort grips I think they're called.

jamie

Thanks 1270d... appreciated !!!

chevytaHOE5674

If he is training you have him setup a profile for you in the computer so you can set the speed of the controls where you are comfortable. If you have to "hold back" on the stick to keep from going too fast all the time then you need to slow it down.

jamie

Hey fellas... figured I'd show you guys a pic of the machine I've been TRYING  :D to operate lol...

Things have been going good, haven't had anything mishaps or damage to the machine besides a 2 or 3 busted hoses.  The snow we're dealing with right now in N.B is pretty deep and a curse when it gets all stuck in and around the harvester head and cutting bar. If it gets packed tight enough it seems to break the hydraulic fittings and cause the bar not to go back far enough in the head.

I bent a handful of bars when I was first learning, but to my surprise I haven't been one in a long time.

I picked up on the machine pretty quick, have been constantly improving how many trees I'm processing and volume, but I still can't seem to get the multi-stemming process down. I've been kind of shying away from trying to do it again since I haven't bent a bar in awhile.  I know soon as I figure it out my numbers will drastically improve.

Take Care

thecfarm

jamie,a late welocme,but glad you like the machine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jonesjco

awesome machine i had a 6 wheel drive version with the other style boom it would cut a pile of wood fast
Gearmatic: 9 little letters that spell big aggravation

Thank You Sponsors!