iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

just dont get it

Started by coxy, November 17, 2014, 03:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

I have hot air in my house from my owb  the water temp in side says 160 but when I turn on my base board hot water it drops my water temp down to 120 in about a 50secounds they are on different zones and different pumps    shut off base board and water temp goes back up as fast as it drops  :-\ the out side temp does not move  could I have put my base board pump on a return line   this is driving me more nuts then I all ready am

coxy

if I had half a brain I would be dangerous  ;D  i figured it out   I have a 100 feet of base board and when I turned it on all the cold water on the return was getting sucked  in the other line  I let it run for a while and the temp came back It just had to equal out the temp in the stove

petefrom bearswamp

I guess half a brain worked OK.
BTW Coxy, my furnace repair is holding well.
The only problem was when i was gone in the Adirondacks hunting the thing ran away and boiled scaring my good wife.
I discovered that the solenoid was sticking.
Hope I have fixed it as i am leaving for the north country on Wed AM and if anything can go wrong it will when I am gone.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

bandmiller2

Coxy, you don't have your circulatores fighting each other do you.?? Is there a restriction from the furnace to the house.?? Sit down and look at your system and even better if you know a good heating guy have him check it. Sometimes we look but we don't see. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

coxy

:-\ ??? what do you mean fighting  each other   and try to find a heating guy let alone a good one my as well pull your own teeth   no one wants to mess with the owb here

coxy

pete have had that happen a lot  ;D  is your damper in the door or the side   if in the side you have to watch the bracket that holds the solenoid they will crack this letting the solenoid to move side ways and jamming it some what open letting it boil over what a pain it is to weld that  glad its holding for you

bandmiller2

Coxy, I'am talking about direction of flow. Guess your right we're all on our own with OWB, your typical HVAC guys want nothing to do with us and oil burner guys likewise for obvious reasons. Has your system ever worked well.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

coxy

it work good but not great my dad had every thing on one zone hot air hot water and base board with hot air at the end    so I changed it to 2 zones hot water and hot air   then base board on its own     the trouble I am having is as soon aS I TURN THE BASE BOARD ON the cold water that's being returned it getting sucked in my feed line to the hot air witch is cooling it down 160 - 120 then it will go back to 160  if I shut off the base board the temp in the hot air will go to 195   the temp on the owb does not move off 195  the hot air will maintain 160 with base board on after about half hour but it will not get any hotter till I shut off base board then it will hit 195  there is 400 gal of water in my owb   would like to get temps up to at least 170-180 to get the heat from the base board        sorry for the capital letters didn't want to re type  ;D

coxy

WAHOOOOOOOO I got it  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) I changed the  lines around on the pump and the temp stays the same on the hot air side    the baseboard is kicking butt now and so is the hot air  maybe ill stay worm this winter  and score some brownie points too  :laugh: :laugh:    thanks for the help bandmiller2

snowstorm

do you have a manifold? this is the way i did it and works very well. pump at the owb runs all the time to a manifold from there i use 007 taco pumps with check valves for each circuit. the pump going to the hot water heater dose not have a check valve. its over 50' to the hot water heater from the manifold. i only turn that pump on for about 10 min when i first fire up. the rest of the winter its gravity feed . i have in floor heat. the manifold you can buy pre built. when done its u shaped with the pumps on the lower side return water on the top. also put a temp guadge in it got that at napa

Thank You Sponsors!