iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back in the Saddle

Started by Oregon_Sawyer, August 05, 2004, 10:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oregon_Sawyer

The house is done.  And now I can start sawing and maybe make some money again.

Thursday.  Cutting Doug Fir.  With one helper and a forklift we cut 2053 ft in 5 hours.  All the lumber was edged on the mill.

The logs were not staged as there was a 6X timber cut out of each log and we lifted them off with the forklift.

It seems like I can't get more than 5 or 6 hrs out of my helpers :D :D

Loren
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

TN_man

Congradulations! We too are building our house and cutting for others on the side. So we can relate to the relief it must be to get that task behind you. 8) Don't wear all your help out  too soon.  Jeff
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

WV_hillbilly

That's great Loren  . I thought that no matter how new or old a house was an ongoing project .  ;D   Maybe you need some roller conveyer to move those timbers away from the mill  so the help doesn't  turn up lame on ya .

Welcome to the Forum TN_ man .  Sit back  , relax , and catch up on your reading cause there is alot of good stuff to learn on here . Boy it didn't take you long to figure out the smileys ..  :D
Hillbilly

TN_man

Thanks for the welcome. I have been pickin' the brains of ya'll for a while, so I decided that I would join in. I have already learned alot and have been able to put some of it to good use. :P I always wondered how the smiley faces worked, now I know. Jeff
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Frank_Pender

Ya, I saw the logs infront of the building on Tuesday.  I didn't realize that there were that many board feet of logs decked by the door.  :P  I may see you this morning as I have some business to tend to in Sheridan.   Glad you finally got into the house.  Are you all move and such.  I could use my truck for a load or two and just push the buttons and dump and go. :D
What time is breakfast at the house?  I may just come there first. ;D
Frank Pender

MemphisLogger

Welcome TN_man!

I'm treecycling down here in Memphis lovin' it. ;D

Savin' trees from the dump just paid for my new shop!  8)

Stop by and see me anytime you come over to the other side of the state :)
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

woodbeard

I'm even closer, about an hour east of Nashville. The same invite applies here. ;D

Hey, Y'all oughta consider yourselves lucky!
Some of us have to work full time and build the house in our spare time :D

Oregon_Sawyer

Frank:

We are going to be in the house by the end of next week.  Julia has to let the house air out more.  The girls and Julia started moving small loads on Fri.

I heard you were over in my neck of the woods.  But the log pile was a different one.  The mill was set up  at Monroe Oak.

I'll be moving back to the pile you saw today sometime.

What I do need help with is getting the moose up.  Wayne took the scaffolding home.  He left for Europe today for three weeks.  In guess he made enough money building my house!! 8) 8)

Loren
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

TN_man

Hey UrbanLogger and Woodbeard, Thanks for the invite. I Appreciate your kindness. I have already considered  contacting UrbanLogger after visiting your website and I went over to Kyle Edward's place to see his set up and he told me about you. Our time has been so limited that I have not been able to get away. I realize that I have alot to learn and I think I have come to the right place. Look forward to learning more for ya'll. Jeff

Frank_Pender

Loren, I heard yesterday that the Moose Head is at the Taxi Dermist getting a face lift, etc..  That ol' head is getting famous around those two towns.  I bragged about the mantle piece I gave you folks as a house warming, today.  You ought to post a picture or three after the Moose is hung.  ;D

Are you asking for help in putting the head on the chimney wall? :'(
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!