iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

some thing new

Started by coxy, November 16, 2014, 06:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

to me any way what is the best way to cook lamb chops I bought 3 to try I have never ate it before getting brave in my old age  :) :)         can they be cooked on the out side grill

drobertson

New to me too,  never have cooked them,  wife has a problem with eating a cute lamb ;D ;D  I have seen enough cooking shows to know beyond a shadow of a doubt they can be done on the grill,  google it , might even checkout the BBQ University site. Or Bobby Flays'  any of these will give lots of ideas.   Do it and let us know ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

I've only had them once, and I'm sorry I can't tell you how she cooked them but they were awesome, one thing I have heard though is you want to make sure the meat is very well trimmed. 

pappy19

Lamb chops are my family favorite. I rub them all over with olive oil; garlic salt, pepper and dry Italian seasoning. I grill them to medium or medium rare and after taking off the grill, I wait about 4-5 minutes before eating. You didn't say if the chops were loin chops or rib chops, but either one is great.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

coxy

fstedy

I broil mine to medium well.  I don't trim mine I like the crispy fat.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

petefrom bearswamp

LC's were a treat in my house growing up.
My mom just seasoned with salt and pepper and broiled under the gas stove broiler Yum.
Wife and I eat a lot of high  speed beef now.
With some pork and chicken mixed in.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Chuck White

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on November 18, 2014, 05:51:38 PM
LC's were a treat in my house growing up.
My mom just seasoned with salt and pepper and broiled under the gas stove broiler Yum.
Wife and I eat a lot of high  speed beef now.
With some pork and chicken mixed in.

I like it, "high speed beef"!     :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ozarkgem

I cannot eat lamb. I tried in when I was in Africa and it was bbq'd. Awful. I tried it again here a few yrs ago. Very strong flavored. couldn't eat it. I will stick with chicken. I guess you have to grow up eating it.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

beenthere

Can't say just what you were eating in Africa, but there is a big difference between the meat of lamb and an adult sheep. BIG difference, IMO

From an older sheep it is called mutton.  Can be very strong flavor.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LeeB

They serve "lamb" here on the rig all the time. I don't care for it. I too find it to be strongly flavored much of the time. I do suspect that for the most part what we get is mutton. It's on the menu for lunch. I told the camp boss to find me a steak. (The steaks aren't all that good either. Nothing like good old USA beef)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

ozarkgem

Quote from: beenthere on December 14, 2014, 10:06:35 PM
Can't say just what you were eating in Africa, but there is a big difference between the meat of lamb and an adult sheep. BIG difference, IMO

From an older sheep it is called mutton.  Can be very strong flavor.
They said it was lamb. I was at a private home.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Thank You Sponsors!