Sponsors:

Sawed Some Nice Cherry

Started by WDH, November 15, 2014, 09:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red oaks lumber

the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WDH

That load rode home pretty.  Into the kiln tomorrow.  Cherry lumber for sale in two weeks.  Just in time for Christmas.  $300/BF. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

It was some good wood and some regular wood with a little exceptional wood mixed in. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

I just saw that cherry arch that the goat commented on.Man where was the supervisor.
al glenn

WDH

It was an aerodynamically loaded trailer. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

YellowHammer

That is exceptional wood.  8)  We sell curly cherry for a tad more, folks can't get enough of it, and I can't find enough logs to keep it stocked.  If you want, I'll loan you a trailer and driver (me), except the trip from Jake's house to your house would have a little 5 hour detour by my house :D :D
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on December 07, 2014, 02:32:09 AM
It was some good wood and some regular wood with a little exceptional wood mixed in. :D

A MAN OF MANY WOODS         :D

WDH

Robert,

There might have to be a trade of cherry for curly ambrosia maple  :).

OneWithWood

You must be talking to YH cause I have all the wonderful cherry I could want.
DanG, I go by Robert because there are way to many Bobs in this world.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WDH

The problem is, Robert (OWW), you probably don't have any curly ambrosia maple to trade  :).  I hear there is some in the North of Alabama.  You ain't in the North part of Alabama, last I remember  ;D.

YellowHammer

I reckon WDH is talking about this

YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

customsawyer

YH I have some really nice SYP I will trade you for that maple. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

al glenn

WDH

I will trade you some of slider's cypress for it  ;D.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 09, 2014, 08:34:48 PM
I will trade you some of slider's cypress for it  ;D.

:D :D :D Make ya self at home.....Slider won't know it.  :D :D :D

WDH

He is too busy working on that truck. 

woodjunky

WDH, you showed that quilted cherry log you cut up. i mentioned my spalted maple trunk has a similar but different pattern. i cant tell if this is quilting? or just a spotted moldifunk? What u think?
this is the best two slabs (9/4) from one half the trunk. you can see the spotted pattern on the close up.

WDH

I don't believe that is quilted pattern.  Here is an example of it in maple. 

http://www.wood-database.com/lumber-identification/hardwoods/quilted-maple/

Thank You Sponsors!