iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The cold weather is helping me get better

Started by lyle niemi, November 13, 2014, 03:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

we have been having -28C weather so its easy to say... heck with it, Im staying in the house!!! I can feel that my back is getting better but its still sore. I have a lot of lumber to get cut soon so I hope I'll be back in shape very quickly. The bad thing about being self employed is that when ya cant work there is no grocery money coming in to feed the family :(

beenthere

Take care, but losing weight by not eating is not good. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tree Dan

First of all I hope your back gets better...there are many of us guys working with bad backs like yourself.
My back is ok one week and then not good the next.
Oh and the cold :snowball: I get a kick out of the southern boys now need to pack away there shorts :D ;D...sorry had to throw that In :D
I was out at 4am last winter in -50 :o and no frost bite.
There is a way to work in the extreme cold.
I think as you get older you become smarter about the weather...I bet you already know the tricks.
Anyway what I do for the bad joints back knees ets...is glucosamine, and Nurtriflex. It has helped me a lot.
Get moving brother you got logs to saw!
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

goose63

Cold here to think I am done till spring

take care of your self hope the back is better soon
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

drobertson

Cold weather does help in many areas, especially when we need to rest, it gives us a good reason to take it easy, but on the other hand we need at least a big bag of beans and ham.  If you need some let me know,  egg noodles are good for the belly as well.  easy to make, both are,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

lyle niemi

Quote from: drobertson on November 13, 2014, 05:10:38 PM
Cold weather does help in many areas, especially when we need to rest, it gives us a good reason to take it easy, but on the other hand we need at least a big bag of beans and ham.  If you need some let me know,  egg noodles are good for the belly as well.  easy to make, both are,
an old friend is gonna bring me over an elk roast, gonna cook up nice, it will...lol

lyle niemi

Quote from: Tree Dan on November 13, 2014, 05:08:29 PM
First of all I hope your back gets better...there are many of us guys working with bad backs like yourself.
My back is ok one week and then not good the next.
Oh and the cold :snowball: I get a kick out of the southern boys now need to pack away there shorts :D ;D...sorry had to throw that In :D
I was out at 4am last winter in -50 :o and no frost bite.
There is a way to work in the extreme cold.
I think as you get older you become smarter about the weather...I bet you already know the tricks.
Anyway what I do for the bad joints back knees ets...is glucosamine, and Nurtriflex. It has helped me a lot.
Get moving brother you got logs to saw!
I don't mind working in the cold weather but its that first cold snap that makes me whimper...lol Im also from NW Ontario... T bay

drobertson

I figured you had many of friends up your way, glad to here it, an elk roast sounds really good!  I just did a wild turkey breast in the crock with mushroom soup and carrots with a touch of onion.  Nothing goes better with cold air than a warm dish of some good ole cooking ;D   take care man,  give yourself some time, and if possible find some folks to help get that order out as you have planned. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

bandmiller2

Lyle good time to engineer better material handling around your mill. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

lyle niemi

Quote from: bandmiller2 on November 13, 2014, 08:24:54 PM
Lyle good time to engineer better material handling around your mill. Frank C.
I usually do all my engineering while Im sawing...lol

lyle niemi

gonna try to do some sawing in the morning iffin it warms up a bit

tule peak timber

Holy cow, we had a high today of 60...and I'm freezing! :o
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Don_Papenburg

Lyle , What happened to the perdy gals that helped set the mill up?  you had pictures of them driving the loader or something. Did you send them off to school?
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

lyle niemi

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on November 15, 2014, 09:03:59 PM
Lyle , What happened to the perdy gals that helped set the mill up?  you had pictures of them driving the loader or something. Did you send them off to school?
they don't like helping dad no more, theys teenagers now...lol

Don_Papenburg

Guess that happens all over .  Promise them you will not tell their friends that they help you .    or bribe them with the coloured paper you guys have up there :D
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!