iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Expera buying old town maine mill.

Started by Woodhauler, November 11, 2014, 05:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

chester_tree _farmah

Wow. Nice. What is the scoop on what they will be looking for? Can't imagine it can hurt to have another buyer around these parts.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

snowstorm

from what i found they are the real deal. 4 mills in Wisconsin with there name on it. dosent say anything about making paper in old town just the pulp so they ship that to wisconsin?

Gary_C

Yes, I deal with Expera at their Mosinee, WI plant they acquired just over a year ago from Wausau Paper. It's been a bit of a rough ride in the past year plus since their buyout of the Mosinee plant with down and then up on their quotas for deliveries.

Expera is in reality KPS Capital Partners LP, a Wall Street asset management fund. They do have the capital available to invest in the business, make it profitable, and then sell it down the road at a profit.

So it appears to be a good thing to have the market back (in the case of Wausau it was never lost) and hopefully down the road it will continue. The only question is who will be the owners some 4-5 years down the road.

EXPERA SPECIALTY SOLUTIONS, LLC ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE OLD TOWN FUEL & FIBER
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

snowstorm

i saw that about them being an investment co. kinda make me wounder about them. the former owner lynn tilton is a billionaire and she gave up. goggle her name its interesting

chester_tree _farmah

I'll take the 5 years. What do they pulp? S&F Poplar HW?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

chester_tree _farmah

The last state survey said the timber volumes are well out pacing the harvesting in Maine so I would think it could make some sense to do business here. They must make money or why else do it unless the state is subsidizing it?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Gary_C

The Mosinee mill I sell to has been an old softwood mill and they take Pine and Spruce and pay a little less for Balsam. In the last five or so years they have been buying hardwood pulp in limited quantities but that mix does not include aspen, oak, or basswood.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

jocco

Quote from: snowstorm on November 11, 2014, 08:50:20 PM
i saw that about them being an investment co. kinda make me wounder about them. the former owner lynn tilton is a billionaire and she gave up. goggle her name its interesting

Being a billionaire, that's quite a problem to have smiley_devilish I would probably give up too ;D
You may check out but you will never leave

Thank You Sponsors!