iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Site decals

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, November 10, 2014, 03:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeerMeadowFarm

Just a question, I saw the site's logo on the axe women trailer and was wondering; could regular members get some? I'd like to put one on my chainsaw box, dump truck, etc. Be good advertisement....?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

goose63

It would look good on my saw mill
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

beenthere

Good way for Jeff to make some money for the FF by selling decals?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

Jeff

I have the art work, anyone know where to get dome made?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Cedarman

I was going to suggest a magnetic decal and also a sticky decal.  I have a magnetic decal that is 2" x 6" with yellow background and some black bats.  it is a symbol that all cavers across the US know.  If I see one in a parking lot, and happen to see the people get into the vehicle, I always approach and ask if they are cavers.  Invariably starts a conversation.
I mentioned this past weekend at our IFWOA convention (Indiana Forestry and Woodland Owners Assoc.) that we should look into them with the IFWOA logo.  They thought it a good idea to check out.
Some people use magnetic business cards, so I don't think they are all that expensive to make.
If anyone finds who can make them let me know.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

pineywoods

Easy to make your own. Go to any sign shop and get some sheets of thin vinyl with a peel-off paper back. Cut to 8 1/2 by 11 and run through your computer printer. Peel off the paper and apply. I suspect the magnetic backed paper would work in most printers, but it's a bit thicker. Don't know about the  fading properties of printer ink, but heck, if it fades, just make a new one. Commercial sign shops usually use a silk screen process to apply the image, a fairly simple process, but that's another story.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

Anything printed on a home printer will never stand up to the elements.

DeerMeadowFarm

Jeff - I'm an admin at a Chevy K5 Blazer site and we use this place:
http://www.bighorn-graphics.com/

My contact's name is Scott. They do awesome work and I can tell you first hand that the decals hold up.

Tell him my name and that I suggested his company. I'm not sure if he'd offer you a discount or how much of one, but it might help....?

Rich

LittleJohn

Might be able to find a local print shop that can print on vinyl

DeerMeadowFarm

Any more thoughts about this Jeff?

Jeff

Sorta kinda but not really but i will. Hows that for a direct answer?  :D I'm away from home this month with limited means to do anything right now. My communication is mostly via a phone keyboard right now. I've missed a bunch of messages on stuff as well. This is my one month a year I take to recharge my brain. Next month I'll start getting caught up.  :)

clww

I would buy several of them. 8) 8) 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

goose63

I would like 4 of them
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

DeerMeadowFarm

That's about as much of a direct answer as I get at work!  :D

I understand the need to recharge, I just got back from my yearly week long woods walk in Maine.

I just didn't want it to fall off your radar!

DeerMeadowFarm

Jeff, you back yet?  ;)

Jeff

Yup. I'm supposed to have a quote and a sample today or tomorrow from a friend  of my son that does this sort of thing locally. Well see I guess. I told Jeremy  I'd give the guy a shot at least.

reswire

Vista print is a company that most of my friends use.  They give discounts by volume, and make some really neat 1x2 foot magnetic signs that are reasonably priced.  They have a user friendly website as well.  My 2 cents.
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: reswire on December 03, 2014, 05:25:56 PM
Vista print is a company that most of my friends use.  They give discounts by volume, and make some really neat 1x2 foot magnetic signs that are reasonably priced.  They have a user friendly website as well.  My 2 cents.

They do my business cards but didn't know about the magnetic signs.

thecfarm

We had some made up. We had The C Farm on the side of the car. One blew off in a year,the other was not far behind it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on December 03, 2014, 07:49:28 PM
We had some made up. We had The C Farm on the side of the car. One blew off in a year,the other was not far behind it.

You're driving to fast!  :D

clww

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 03, 2014, 07:38:01 PM
Quote from: reswire on December 03, 2014, 05:25:56 PM

They do my business cards but didn't know about the magnetic signs.
They do our cards, too. Fast and cheap. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jeff

@DeerMeadowFarm can you resend the info to me on the company you messaged me about.   After conferring with my Son's contact, they were somehow under the impression I wanted a "window clingy"  :D   Sorry mam we don't do clingies on forestry equipment, work trucks and sawmills. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!