iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

smelly smell !

Started by drobertson, November 09, 2014, 09:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

got into another one of the smelly ole red oaks today,  Christy was pulling out the zinnia's and thought a stray cat had did the job in her flower bed :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

gspren

I cut and split some black birch today, that stuff smells better than an air freshener.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

DeerMeadowFarm

Yup, my dad always called red oaks "p--s-oaks" because of the smell.

beenthere

They smell bad only when bacterially infected. Not all red oaks are BI infected.  Just sayin...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

Very true, most are not bad at all, this was a dead snag with fence in it.  It had the odor for sure.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!