iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood Log prices?

Started by Knute, October 07, 2014, 08:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knute

Just wondering what 8 foot firewood logs are selling for at the landing. I have a few cords of mixed red and white oak in the 5 to 12 inch diameter range. If the price is reasonable, I would sell the logs rather than doing the blocking and splitting. Too many things for one person to get done.

Maine logger88

Here it would be around 90 or 100 per cord. Maybe a little more if seasoned
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Knute

Thanks. I was hoping it would be somewhere near 100 per cord.

Corley5

In Michigan we get $50.00 a cord on the landing for 100 inch hardwood pulp/firewood. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Knute

Our prices here in the Midwest must not be so good.

g_man

Around here the $100/cord  price would be for a delivered load. Off the landing would be closer to $50. But you might get anything if you find a guy with a p/u and saw who needs some wood and you let him cut it on your landing.

loghorse

Here in wis. loggers and amish sawmills said the price delivered at the big mills was 125.00 on up per cord for hardwood pulp.

Maine logger88

Hardwood pulp is also paying real good here and its easier to cut than firewood cause you can put in any species of hardwood. So it needs to pay enough more too make it worth seperating.
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

timberlinetree

50 a cord on the landing here.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

jwilly3879

Ken

$140-150/cord for semi tree length wood delivered in this area and there is a major shortage this year.  I am going to ensure that I have ample supply of hwd to sell next year. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

RunningRoot

Sounds as tho I'v been cutting myself short !
I have been selling firewood at the landing for $25 a 12'x8' flatbed truck load. And let me say that they have been stacking it has high and wide on that flatbed as they can get it.

So $50 a cord for a unsplit and uncut cord ?
It looks as tho My prices are going up this week, tired of everyone around me wanting something for nothing.

Thanks fellas,
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

ga jones

50 a cord at the landing pole lenght.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

snuffbandit

i sell pine  in 15-20 inch long rounds for $85 a cord and i sell ash for $150 a cord and i drop the trees and everything.
this is my last saw... no this ones my last saw... nope this is my last saw i promise... it never ends haha

David-L

I am getting $100 for pole wood in 12' bolts at the landing. Oak , white and red, maple, black birch, ash. just raised my price last week from $80. No one arguing about the jump.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

jaygtree

at the landing $70 for a cord of 100 inch red oak with a little maple mixed in. $90 delivered to your home. this is in northwest wisconsin
i thought i was wrong once but i wasn't.   atv, log arch, chainsaw and ez boardwalk jr.

Nate379

$150/cord tree length, $250/cord cut and split.

BargeMonkey

225-275 depending on distance and type. Turning away the 12" fine stove wood. Every year now we sit down in april and go WOW that was alot of wood, but I think this year it will be every stick you can lay your hands on, I know of 3-4 other semi local guys who arent doing it.

brendonv

Residential tree waste, log length.  2+ cord load. $175 cash within 10 miles or less
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

landscraper

$200 for a 16' dump truck load of 4"-16" x 12'-16' trunk and limb wood within 10-15 miles of wherever we are loading.  I had a driver get flagged down by a new customer last week because he saw the logs going up the road and got the number off the side of the truck.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Thank You Sponsors!