iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Live edge headboard

Started by purple otter, November 07, 2014, 07:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purple otter

Here is a headboard made out of chestnut oak. I left it rough sawn and just lightly sanded it. It's a little rustic, but it goes well in my house.

I think chestnut oak is my favorite to work with.
Hudson Oscar 228 on homebuilt trailer, Kubota B2320 with homebuilt forks,Stihl 028 Super & 029 Super, Solar Kiln .

Stephen1

Very Nice, love the design!!!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

WDH

Very beautiful and very nice craftsmanship. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Lud

Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

purple otter

Hey Lud ,50-50 minwax early american/ puritan pine with only 1 coat satin poly. I wanted it to still feel rough.
Hudson Oscar 228 on homebuilt trailer, Kubota B2320 with homebuilt forks,Stihl 028 Super & 029 Super, Solar Kiln .

Magicman

That is a very nice design.  Looks great!!   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

giant splinter

roll with it

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

mmartone

Wheres the like button, I'm hitting it twice!
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

mesquite buckeye

I really like this one. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

GAmillworker

Thank the Lord for second chances

VT_Forestry

Forester - Newport News Waterworks

ESFted

Very nice. Draw-bored thru tenons?...any glue in there?
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

purple otter

Yes draw-bored ,no glue. I guess I'm itchin for another timber framing project.  ;D

Lud

I do a bit of stain mixin' myself.  I like your result.  I've got some matching to do of Golden Oak that has aged to a mellow brownish and I know the straight G.O. is too yellowish.  A bit of Puritan should tone it down nicely.
Thanks for the inspiration! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

drobertson

looks great! love the grain pattern and joints
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

BCsaw

Yes.......like the mortise and tenon work! smiley_thumbsup
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

Thank You Sponsors!