iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who's Cutting Your Trees?

Started by Ron Scott, August 03, 2004, 05:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

~Ron

Furby

Ok, I'm guessing the tree hit the house ???
And do the mean that the guy cut to far into the crotch of the tree ???
They kind of make it sound like he was cutting the tree down, and made to big of a notch.

leweee

What!!!    no pictures! :o :o :o ::)

watch out for the fence   THE FENCE.....AHhhhh!!!
Don't ya just hate when that happens  ??? :-/
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Stan

Detroit newspaper confuses subscribers! Oh wait, that isn't news happens everyday.  ::)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Coot

i would hope either my dad or myself , but either way , those people should have taken a course in limbing or cutting trees , but then again mistakes happen like my neighbour taking out a dead poplar and felling it right on our shed

leweee

don't park the truck too close to the      worksite::)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

redpowerd

nice pic

they sawed off most of the branch, and now theyre trying to get him out of the back of the truck to take him to the hospital! :D :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

leweee

What's wrong with this picture ???

ScottAR

It would take less to say what's right....  He's not cutting in a lighting storm...  Yep, that's about it..... :D
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

timberjack240

ill tell ya wuts wrong ..... hes not usin a husky  8)

HORSELOGGER

What's wrong with this picture

He aint wearin shorts? ???
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Kirk_Allen

The scary part is he is wearing a Fire Department shirt.  I would have thought a fire fighter would know better than to do what he is doing.  :o

Tom

leweee

park at least two tree lenghts away so this doesn't happen. ::)

HORSELOGGER

Upon further review... I think that ia a shot of a certain notorious Iowa dentist, going after some fine figured wood, and the initials on his back stand for : Completely Crazy Freelance Dentist
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Robert R

For as long as people have been logging, you'd think the gene pool would have been seined of folks who try those kinds of things.  About the closest I come to stupid is trying to pull a hung ash out of a hedge tree with my horses.  (I had no idea that a 4-inch hedge tree will support and 30-inch ash without even groaning)  They got it down but when it hit the ground, I was diving to get out of the way because the limbs were gaining on me fast as the team took off.  Luckily, it hung up the butt on another tree and they didn't go far.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

leweee

notice how the tree focuses on the center of the truck :o
no nappen in the truck when the rookies are training :o

leweee

And some stupid skidder tricks

no this skidder is not a full length forwarder

no..no ..no  ....I want the dog to roll over!!!

Phorester

LEWEEE, must've been a Chevy lover what cut that tree.

timberjack240

im not really that smart  ::)  but i dont think that the tree was supposed to land on the truck  :D

and leweee cut emm down on john deeres not a perfectly good tj  ;D i imagine if anybody was in the skidder at the time that rattled thier cage  ;D  :D

logger

The logger in my woods dropped a tree on the cable part of his skidder.  After it landed he jumped in it, moving it around to get the tree off it.  He got it off.
220 Poulan            Future Saws         
Stihl MS280             Jonsered CS2171              
Stihl MS440 Magnum Husky 575XP  
Stihl MS460 Magnum   Dolmar PS-7900
Husky 385xp            Stihl MS361  Stihl MS441 Magnum
Stihl 066 Magnum       Stihl MS660 Magnum

asy

Quote from: leweee on August 17, 2004, 11:06:02 PM
What's wrong with this picture ???

OK Guys,

This question is from someone who's never used a chain saw, so go easy on the laughing...

What's this guy doing wrong?

Am I right in saying that the way the cut is in the tree would mean that the top bit of the tree will slide toward him when it's cut through???

If that's not it, could someone please let me know?

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Ianab

Asy

Anything that involves chainsaws and ladders is usually a bad idea.
If the ladder moves the guy ends up on the ground wearing a chainsaw.
And note the full use of safety gear... maybe it's a Kevlar T-shirt he's wearing but I doubt it. ;)

Basically it looks like an accident waiting to happen  :o

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!