iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winchdrum model 8A Gearmatic

Started by B. Cooper, November 06, 2014, 10:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B. Cooper

I have a Gearmatic winchdrum model 8A on a John Deere 440ICD crawler that I am restoring to do some logging on my property. I have seen a post (the only place that I have found any info on the web about this winch) on this website that talked about a gentlemen that rebuilt his same 8A winchdrum. Do you all know where I can find the service and parts manual for this winch and where can I order parts for this? The master control unit was full of crud from sitting for so long and I don't believe they put the right fluid in it when it did operate. The pistons were froze in the master control, so I am positive the pistons for the clutch and brake will be the same. ANY info on this would be extremely helpful! The only winch on gearmatics website that shows a PTO winch like mine is the model 9 but they don't have the 8A service and parts manual.  I thank you all for your time!

jocco

Cooper I don't know if I can help much but did work on them some. They are similar to a model 9 That controller is one exspencive unit!!! :o but can be rebuilt. So can the pistons. As for manuals try online sites even evil bay. Find a logging dealer for parts but some are obsolete. Harold's in Maine might be of some  help Bands can be sent out. Also in on line ads or swap shop books I used to see a lot of them for parts.
You may check out but you will never leave

B. Cooper

ga jones

Paccar owns gearmatic. Manuals are on there web site. As far as parts Davco in Farmington Maine
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

B. Cooper

I've looked at the Paccar website and they show an 8A but its a hydraulic winch and looks nothing like mine. The closest one to mine was the model 9. I'll give Davco a call and see what they might be able to do for me. Thank you for the info!

B. Cooper

I called Davco and they had the parts that I need for this winch, thanks for connecting me with them ga jones!

thecfarm

Davco should be a sponsor on here. I drive by his place quite often,only about 20 minutes from me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!