iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Veteran's Day

Started by Magicman, November 06, 2014, 07:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Coming soon.
It originally commemorated the Armistice on the 11th hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month that concluded the Great World War ( 1 wasn't added until WW 2 occurred)

Powerful song and powerful message. Thanks to the gentleman that put this together.

The HOMETOWN BATTLEFIELD

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wq0X0bwMprQ?feature=player_embedded

Some gave all. All gave some
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Jason_AliceMae Farms

MM thanks for posting that.

Thank you to all those that have served and have sacrificed! 
Watching over 90 acres of the earth with 50 acres being forest.

Someday I would like to be able to say that I left thes 90 acres healthier than when I started watching over them.

goose63

M M thank you for posting this. its true ptsd is a very bad bad thing 
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

coxy

thanks to every one for there services         and thanks mm for posting

Magicman

I have a good friend that lost his Grandson.  He survived Afghanistan, but not the aftermath here at home.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ron barnes

Thanks for posting the link.  Really true.

Magicman

BradMarks

Doggone it.  Kinda misty in here.  My greatest thanks to all of our service personnel, past, present, and future. And personally to my father, his soul rests knowing he made this country a better place for us all. Thank a veteran today.

customsawyer

That is a pretty good song to have been written in 10 min.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Andries

Thanks for posting MagicMan; a very timely reminder.
Tomorrow, at eleven after eleven AM I'll be saying a quiet but sincere thanks to relatives both older and long deceased, as well as younger family members in uniform. Their sacrifice and dedication is an inspiration to us all.
Quote from: customsawyer on November 08, 2014, 03:47:56 AM
That is a pretty good song to have been written in 10 min.
CustomSawyer - I agree with you that the song is a beautiful piece of work for a ten minute effort. However when I see the talent that JP Cormier has with a guitar (check out his other YouTube clips) and a background that probably includes some PTSD related pain - I'll bet that he's been thinking on it for quite some time . . . .

And who knows, he might say the same thing about you and the MagicMan after you've sliced through ten minutes worth of SYP or Georgia hardwoods.
Hmmmmm, pretty good work for ten minutes effort . . .
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

thecfarm

I want to thank all of the Veterans on the FF for their service.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

hardtailjohn

Thank you to all veterans!!
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

sawguy21

Had four fighters fly over in formation just after 11, I believe Spitfires. Really neat to see.
I observed two minutes of silence, I couldn't help but reflect on the broken men and women I knew growing up in the fifties and sixties. Parents and grand parents of my school mates. Alcoholism and domestic violence were common. My dad served with the RCAF as a ground instructor, he did not see combat but lost too many friends and relatives. Didn't talk much about it, he wasn't one to air his feelings, but I am sure it affected him deeply.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Billbob

Good post MagicMan!  I was thinking of my father today.  WW2 vet.  He was in the New Brunswick Rangers, 10th Independent Ground Defence Platoon, 4th Armored Division, 3rd Canadian Army.  He fought his way from the Normandy beaches through France, Holland, Belgium and into Germany.  His Division fought along side several American units.  He was in many famous battles including Normandy, Bastogne, Nijmegen, Falise, Caen, The Ardenne Forest. He made it home without a scratch, married, raised 5 children, served 35 years as a police officer.  He passed away in 1988 at the age of 66 years.
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

sawguy21

He was only 23 when the war ended. Truly one of the lucky ones.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

fat olde elf

Thanks for posting MM....Leaving for Fort Jackson SC at 6:00 AM to watch our 18 YO grandson Jake finish basic training.  Family Day is Wednesday and Thursday is graduation.  His dad and I are proud to have served in the Army, we both enlisted.
Of course his mom, grammy, and girl friend will be there.  He will get 2 weeks off at Christmas. Jake started off as E-2 because of his 3 years in ROTC in high school. He served as his unit commander his senior year. He will serve well.............
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!