iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Solar Kiln

Started by Allen S, November 05, 2014, 10:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen S

I know I have read about a solar kiln on here and cant find it. Any one have one if so do u like it and were can a man find some kind of plans to build one Thanks any info would be great .

reswire

Youtube is a great source of info and has some neat pics,,, ;D ;D    On the forestry forum, we have so many over- achievers it's hard to find something that my limited skills can actually build!! :snowball:
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

VictorH

pineywoods

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Allan,
SW Missouri is a very good location for a solar kiln.  Since 1978, when I developed the the VT kiln,  over 1000 kilns using the VT design have been constructed.  How close are you to Branson?  I do get to that area from time to time.

Gene
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Thank You Sponsors!