iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A few pictures

Started by jwilly3879, November 05, 2014, 08:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilly3879

Here are a few photos from TJ240's weekday job.

Nice oak

Off to the mill

Hillbilly glove dryer

BargeMonkey

Some nice looking wood. Yeah thats the way to dry gloves.  :D 

David-L

Nice pics, what are you paying for stumpage in your part of the world for red oak. the median is 250 around here.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

thecfarm

glove dryer   :D   It all looks good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tj240

this was a percentage job. the LO said 40% on logs, landlocked lot only 28 acres but man was the oak big. the tree with the saw on the butt rough scaled 860 feet. there was some alot bigger.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

Skidder Kev

nice looking logs and like the glove dryer.  keep the pics coming

kev

barniescamp

Looks like I'm putting a bun-jee cord on my grill in the morning !!

timberlinetree

Nice job! Miss the smell/money for oak. Has been a while since we cut some.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

tj240

the glove drier works great always dry gloves.  sometimes the bungee breaks then no gloves
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

lopet

I was just gonna ask what the survival rate is . 50 / 50  ? ;D   But I am sure it works.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

tj240

actually i have only lost one pair. driving thru alot of brush and tops. i usually check or switch every hitch. so survival rate is good. it works great in the time it takes to make a hitch they are dry. jd's are good with the blower fan.

jwilly3879

Worked on Saturday and cut 2 loads of pine. My son was cutting and skidding and then my grandson showed up to help the old men out. He cut, his dad skidded and I bucked and stacked on the landing. First log had a stone wedged in the bark and of course I had just put a new chain on, switched saws and got pinched, one of those days, at least with the loader there getting unpinched is easier unless the log rolls on the saw. Anyway, no damage to the saw, just my pride. The rest of the day went well, probably 6000bf and a bunch of pulp.

Sunday was a day for the hunters, the grandson got his buck, granddaughter and dad got ziltch.

Shot through the heart

KyLogger

Center punched it didn't he!?!
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

Ed_K

Nice shot  8) .It's good your grandchildren are close to you.
Ed K

Corley5

Great shot  8)  Nice deer  8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jwilly3879

A couple of years ago on youth weekend my granddaughter outdid Dad and Brother with a nice 8 pointer.

My grandson is studying forestry at the Wanakeena Ranger School, participates on the Timber Sports Team and is also our part time cutter/operator at Williams Timber Harvesting.

Maine logger88

Nice that should be some good eating!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

redprospector

Good job to your grandson!  8)

Hillbilly glove dryer.  :D
If you'll get rid of that bungee, and replace it with an old trampoline spring you will not lose gloves to broken bungee's.  ;)
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

BargeMonkey

Good picture.  ;)   This state has to be separated soon before things get worse.

NWP

Nice job on the deer. Is that a 44 mag or a 30-30?
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

thecfarm

Nice shot and deer. No Sunday hunting here in Maine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jwilly3879

It is a 30-30 given to him by a fellow that I built a big garage for and did all the finish work on his cabin I think Austin was 13 or 14 at the time.

jwilly3879

My other grandson with a Veteran's Day buck.

DeerMeadowFarm

Nice! Is that a 760? I am a pump rifle fan myself!

I love to eat the heart. Back in the 80's I had a string of deer that I seemed to hit in the heart each time; bummed me out big time!

jwilly3879

I believe it is a 300 Savage.

RunningRoot

Some half way decent oak I'v been cutting

First pic is of some oak and various hardwoods I'v been cutting
Secound pic Is just to show average size of some of em
Third and fourth pic is there purely for humor when I say ''man If I only had a forwarder''  ;D
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

BargeMonkey

Thats some good sized oak, make your skidder grunt. Come on buddy, your still on semi flat land.  :D  yeah i see thats got some spots that arent friendly to work on. I will say, ive seen some 8 wheelers with tracks work stuff beyond that doing softwood clear cuts, but my 230 doesnt like it much.

tj240

the gun is a 30-30 he usually uses a 270 but the old marlin is a killing machine. my daughter shot her first with it. was only the second time she shot it, youth weekend in ny. it was a 4 pt not a 8 but she still beat me and the boy that year. funny thing they both hit the deer in the same place, with the same outcome. DINNER!!!

jwilly3879

Here's the results of this weekend, about 9 hours total.

Pine Logs

My son was off to go hunting at 1:30 this afternoon

tj240

had to leave early my gun said it needed to go for a walk thats all it got to do!!! might have to stay and cut, cant shoot the meat so i have to buy it.

Thank You Sponsors!