iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

C4 ignition replacement

Started by Rybo, November 06, 2014, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rybo

Having trouble getting power to starter on late 60's c4 with ford industrial diesel.  Very likely battery issue. Need to have batteries load tested and some other trouble shooting. 

Got to looking at inition set up I see a resister on firewall.  Was curious if it is necessary?  Original  Ignition switch has been replaced. Replacement switch is connected into original switch via resister.  Power cables are also still connected to original.  Not sure if original acted as a disconnect also? Which I would like to add.

Long story short would like to redo setup before weather turns colder. What's the best way to get power to starter?

HiTech

Welding cable makes the best leads. Very fine copper wire that carries the juice really well. Positive to the starter and negative to the engine or bell housing. I would use some kind of master switch also. I have my positive lead going to the master, some use the negative. 2/0 is what i use.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: HiTech on November 06, 2014, 08:35:30 PM
Welding cable makes the best leads. Very fine copper wire that carries the juice really well. Positive to the starter and negative to the engine or bell housing. I would use some kind of master switch also. I have my positive lead going to the master, some use the negative. 2/0 is what i use.
A master switch is a must. Spend the money on a good one, can save your machine. We tend to put them inside the engine housing or doors, behind the locks so it takes alot more work if someone decides to mess with it.

Thank You Sponsors!