iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bit the bullet yesturday!

Started by Woodhauler, November 05, 2014, 02:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Finally went to see the bone cruncher doctor!!Been in pain for 6-8 months now! Right hip  and leg mostly. He comes highly reccommended by many loggers and truckers. Said he couldn't imagine how has still able to work! Many things out of place. Said i would need 4-5 trips to get it all back! Having a hard time walking today. Go see him again friday.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

red oaks lumber

i've done chiropractors my whole life. 2 yrs ago i said to heck with them ;) finally this summer my wife talked sense in me so, i go to a new "highly" recommended chiro.after i explain what hurts where, first thing he does is takes x-rays
after studying the pictures he comes back in to show me all thats wrong with me(no pictures of my head) :) short story going long he wouldn't adjust me until he talks to a rhumatologist . since then i go twice a week, slowly making progress.

moral of my story. get xrays so they know what is or isn't wrong and have the proper plan. :)
good luck
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Sixacresand

Yanked on a grandboy last April and horrific pain started in my mid back.  Suffered with it for two weeks, on heat pad, pain pills and muscle relaxers.  Finally made an appointment with a Chiropractor who just took xrays and sent me home with ice packs, to come back after the weekend.  Like Red Oaks, he showed me all that was wrong with me, how dumb it was for me to have two lower back fusions.  I let him know both times, chiropractors gave up and told me to find a surgeon.  Anyway, after the first adjustment, I had immediate relief from the pain.  After a dozen or more adjustments, I have no pain.  Praise The Lord!
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Billbob

My chiropractor is the only reason I can keep walking.  Herniated a disk in my back 10 years ago heaving on a roof truss when I was building a barn.  Alot better now and a lot wiser.   As my wife keeps reminding me....big like truck smart like truck!
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Roger2561

Many years ago I started going to the chiro due to not being able to lift my arms any higher than the tops of my shoulders.  He took X-Rays and said my head wasn't on straight - I told him my dad had been telling me that all my life and he didn't ask for any money.  Anyway, it was a nerve problem in my lower back that was causing the problems in my upper back.  After a few snap, crackle and pop sessions I'm like new and pain free.  Roger
Roger

Woodhauler

going to haul a few loads today, got a rider thats going to throw straps and stuff! ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

ely

as I understand it there are two types of chiropractors, the twisters and poppers and the ones that just work on your neck bones with little or no pressure. I have never been to the twisters and poppers, but I have heard all the stories about them.
I did finally go to the other kind and it helped me greatly.

LeeB

I've been to both. I prefer the twisting and popping. Went to one that wanted to adjust my hemispheres. Never went back to her again. A little too eclectic for me.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

ely

I had never been in my life, but I hurt my upper back /shoulder area and was in great pain, I could not hardly move when I finally conceded to go. I crawled into the office and a couple hours later I could walk out with a straight back. it took a few days of adjustments to get it fixed up perfect.
but I will say when I was in there the first hour or so, I was thinking ..."im glad my friends cant see what this quack is doing to me"

Woodhauler

Gave it a shot,couldn't take the pain! Got one load and came home. >:(

drobertson

Nerve pain is a bad thing for sure, I will say my chiropractor suggested I get an mri  the treatments were not working on this particular issue.  Arthritis has a funny way of showing the ugly face.  I still go, she uses the actuator rather than the twist and pop.  My last bone crusher bout, think he did, in fact  damage my left shoulder on one of the adjustments.  Good guy, just not for me,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Woodhauler

Might be alittle better, going back to work monday either way....

timberlinetree

Hope you're feeling better! Back pain is bad!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Raider Bill

Look into a inversion table. Start out just a bit over 90 degrees then work your way up to no more than 120 degrees.
I was going to the bone popper twice a week until I bought my table. Haven't been since.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

NWP

Quote from: Raider Bill on November 14, 2014, 07:28:20 AM
Look into a inversion table. Start out just a bit over 90 degrees then work your way up to no more than 120 degrees.
I was going to the bone popper twice a week until I bought my table. Haven't been since.

X2 on the inversion table. I'd been having back pain on and off until I used a friends inversion table. One time and I've been good for several months.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Firewoodjoe

I went to one one time. Haven't been back to one since. Although I have problems still which you will if you work but all I can say is stretch strech strech. I had a bad accident a few year back. Hit a tree with a snowmobile. Broke a lot including my pelvis in three spots. I stretched as I healed and it works. There's things in your lower back that don't get used unless you do certain things. Just touch the floor everyday. (Standing)

Thank You Sponsors!