iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bull rope decision

Started by Redbark, November 01, 2014, 06:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbark

Ordering a Maasdam Pow'R rope puller and need suggestions on the best 1/2 rope and what length you guys find most usable.
Thanks, Red

bill m

I would use Samson Tree Master 13mm. As for length it depends on what you are wanting to do with it. 150 feet would be a good start.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Gadrock

we called a bull rope a single ended rope to attach shackles, pulleys, sheaves, aux points etc. When we used them they were always 3/4ish in diameter. Maybe I am using the wrong term for the wrong line.

david G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Reddog

Quote from: bill m on November 01, 2014, 07:41:47 PM
I would use Samson Tree Master 13mm. As for length it depends on what you are wanting to do with it. 150 feet would be a good start.

Or New England 3-Strand Safety Blue, both are hard lay ropes and that seems to be what the Maasdam rope puller likes.

As for length there seems to be two trains of thought.
1 buy a 150' and use it.

2 buy 50' to leave with the puller all the time and tie into your other primary bull/rigging rope if using a double braid.

Redbark

Thanks for the replies.

How does steel reinforced poly work in the puller? I came across a good deal on 120'.

timberlinetree

Some of the ff sponsors sell rope.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!