iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

- You ever have one of those days ? -

Started by BargeMonkey, November 03, 2014, 06:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

My old chief, the engineer I worked under for a few years had a saying,
"God looks out for fools, drunks and sailors". Well today someone saved my backside. Went to pull out of the job, had grand intentions of hauling till dark and trying to get moved off this job, using every inch of daylight with only 4 days off.
And this is what happened. 

Went to get up the hill, couldnt make it thru the grease, backed down and got sucked off into the soft stuff. I wont post the bad pictures, but lets just say air under the axles is an understatement. Didnt hurt anything. I lucked out on this one. Had the dozer hooked to the nose and the 450C hooked to the back while I carefully unloaded it and then got yanked up the road with the dozer. 

The wife took that while she sat on the slasher, get everything out by the road hopefully tomorrow or wednesday. 

Finished slashing everything for the job, had 60-70 trees left on the header. Makes a pile of sawdust.  :D

Maine logger88

Well that doesn't sound like much fun I'm glad too hear it worked out with nothing broke tho
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lopet

No  never get days like that  ;D ;D just kidding. Never had time to take pictures when i am in a situation like that.  My neighbors always tell me that I don't have enough tractor for what I am doing.  Hate to admit that they're not always wrong. :) At least you got away with no damage just some lost time.  :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Corley5

Glad you didn't break anything  8)  It seems that most everyday is "one of those days" for me  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

luvmexfood

I have days that seems like all you do is spin your wheels. ;D ;D
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

hacknchop

I only seem to have trouble on the days that end with y.you know why did i do that?
Often wrong never indoubt

redprospector

Thanks BargeMonkey, you made me feel a little better about my day.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Autocar

Nothing worse then getting stuck and have to unload and then have it go down hill from there. Makes us all appreciate the good days  :).
Bill

Ed_K

My trucker had a day like that last week,kept sliding sideways,so he grabbed a big pine log and hung it way out on the high side and it drove right out  smiley_sweat_drop .
Ed K

barbender

Quote from: Ed_K on November 04, 2014, 06:01:12 PM
My trucker had a day like that last week,kept sliding sideways,so he grabbed a big pine log and hung it way out on the high side and it drove right out  smiley_sweat_drop .
I do that with the forwarder quite often, but never with a truck :o
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!