iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

homemade 4" blast gates.

Started by hackberry jake, November 02, 2014, 06:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

Cut 3/4" mdf into 6.5" squares.

Cut out holes in the squares. The right size ended up being 4.2" diameter. This gave a really tight fit to where I had to use a wooden mallet to get the pvc into the mdf.

You then cut some stock slightly thicker than the slide you will be using and glue a piece of this material on either side of one of the circle pieces. Then glue on another circle piece, sand down the ends of the pvc and glue it all together.

Then just make the slide and assemble it all.

Finished product

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

pineywoods

I need to make a bunch of them. Moving a hose from one piece of machinery to another is a pain, especially when I forget and blow shavings all over the shop.. >:(
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Larry

Looks like your in a production mod with all those fittings laying out on the table. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

hackberry jake

I have six runs I want to make and I read that two 45 degree elbows are better than one 90. So I just bought a bunch of 45's for making the runs. The first two runs are done.

Floor sweep
planer drop
miter saw/radial arm saw
jointer/shaper
cnc router
sanding station

Ill get a picture of the floor sweep tomorrow. I think it's going to be my favorite drop.

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

hardtailjohn

Nice!!!  I bet they'll outlast the cheap plastic ones I have!!
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

hackberry jake

Here's the floor sweep.

I get tired of rangling sawdust. It should be a little easier after I get done with the dust collection system. Easier on the lungs as well hopefully.

Larry

I wish I had put in a floor sweep when I plumbed my system.  Guess I could go back and add one.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Don_Papenburg

What machine are you cutting the holes with.  It looks like a Bridgeport tooling setup.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

hackberry jake

Swatson

Nice Hackberry! We seem to have a lot in common.  I just gave my homebuilt cnc a refresh a few months ago and replaced all the mdf.  I cut my first one on my cheap craftsman table saw.  The second I cut with my Rigid.  I swear I had to use six pounds of washers on the first one to get everything lined up.  The second I had no alignment issues.

I cant figure out which one I like better: working with wood or making the tools to work with wood.

tule peak timber

Hackberry , Nice job on the blast gates.....On your PVC design , are you doing anything to prevent static electricity build up? Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

hackberry jake

Quote from: tule peak timber on November 04, 2014, 08:37:19 AM
Hackberry , Nice job on the blast gates.....On your PVC design , are you doing anything to prevent static electricity build up? Rob
Not a thing. There have been a couple studies on that and it's an old wives tale from what i gather.

tule peak timber

Well.......Just be careful , and keep reading. Cheers  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Don_Papenburg

It is an old woodworkers tail also . Did you ever blow in insulation ? Grab the metal nozzle on the end of the hose with a bare hand ?  Kindof like leaning on an electric fence.

Don_Papenburg

Were did you get plans for the cnc router ? was it a pain to make or easy ?

giant splinter

Nice work Jake and it should do a great job for you.
roll with it

hackberry jake

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on November 04, 2014, 09:12:34 PM
Were did you get plans for the cnc router ? was it a pain to make or easy ?
I just winged it I guess, no plans. It wasn't that hard to build, just time consuming. It is a lot cheaper to build one yourself, but it still wasn't what I would call cheap.

Thank You Sponsors!