iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pumpkin Carving at its WORST!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 31, 2014, 05:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My wife is the kind of gal that will totally FLIP OUT when she sees blood.

Paul was carving his Pumpkin with a very sharp hunting knife.....it slipped.....and the blade went all the way to the bone, on his pinky finger, left hand.

The wife calls....PAUL HAS CUT HIS HAND OFF!  :o

I have never and I mean never seen so much blood on a kitchen table, floor, sink, towel...everywhere.

I'm out cleaning my forestry truck and I run in the house....yikes!
Off to urgent care.
I can't believe how far that doctor could pull that piece of meat from the bone.....unreal and blood gushing!

When they started to clean out the wound and started injecting the needle to kill the pain, I had rather had been holding a goat down while they castrated him. Thats a very strong 12 year old.  :D

Once it was deadened..... he felt a little better and 8 or 10 stitches were put in.
We go back in the morning to run test on nerves and ligaments. What an afternoon!

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

I did that once when I was around 6 or 7. I was trying to cut the peeling off of an orange. Orange citrus and open wounds aren't very comfortable. Hope all goes well with the nerve and ligament tests.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

red oaks lumber

silly  you should have packed the wound full of grits  :D i'd say he was a very lucky kid not to have done alot worse. :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Hilltop366

It is probably no coincidence that kids heal fast, hope all goes well Paul.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on October 31, 2014, 05:52:52 PM
silly  you should have packed the wound full of grits  :D i'd say he was a very lucky kid not to have done alot worse. :)

Paul said to tell uncle Steve you can kiss his Grits! By the way....he gave you the little finger.  :)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on October 31, 2014, 07:12:38 PM
I hope the kid will be fine.  ;D

Thanks Y'all....he's a little sore but has some pain meds he can take when the candy wears off.  :)

red oaks lumber

least we dont have to call him shorty :D uncle steve?  we aint brothers :D my momma wasnt a goooaaat.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

yukon cornelius

Oh my! prayers sent for a quick heal!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Don_Papenburg

We are glad he is fine and all but where is the picture of the pumpkin?
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

mesquite buckeye

Next time I vote for getting sick on candy instead. ;D

Hope everything heals up well. Knife lesson learned. :-\
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WmFritz

Blood don't bother me unless it belongs to my kids.

I make the kids use my drywall saw.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

I wish the best for Paul's quick recovery.  Why does he have his left eye on da nurse chick?  ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Well now, he is 12 years old. I know you probably can't remember back that far Lynn, but 12 year old boys don't have too many other things on their mind. Hmmm, maybe you can remember. You noticed her too.  :D :D
I hope all is well and no permanent damage. At some point in time, I've tried to amputate more than one of my fingers. All healed up ok.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

barbender

Well now, that is a pretty nurse ;) Hope his finger is ok. I did the same thing once, except I was cutting up cabbage for sauerkraut, and I was about 32 ::) I stuck the tip of my filet knice right into the heel of my hand, right into the bone. I usually don't get to weezy, but feeling that hit the bone and seeing the purple blood come out made me dizzy and nauseated. My wife took me in and I got 1stitch :D I've been in several situations where are 2 ladies, my wife and the Dr in this instance, a dentist and assistant in another, are putting me in some pain and I think they get a kick out of it because they have experienced childbirth :D
Too many irons in the fire

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

I hate to hear this but figure that youngun will be fine.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

clww

Tell Paul I wish him a speedy recovery. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

LaneC

I hope he gets well soon. I did something similar at that same age. I am sure he has learned,(I sure did) and you will not have to tell him any more. Again, I hope all gets well.
Man makes plans and God smiles

Thank You Sponsors!