Sponsors:

Axe Women are here

Started by Alissa, October 31, 2014, 04:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Autocar

My dad make me a jig that clamped on my cross cut saw's to file them it was made to change different degrees and angles. Before I had it I use to take them to Jack Cougar [ not the right spelling of the last name ] he lived back in the hills of Webster Spring West Virgina but has pasted away now, but I think his family still fallows the circuit.
Bill

Alissa

Yes, the Cogars are still huge in the sport! 

Ron Scott

I remember Arden Cogar from Webster Springs, West Virginia when he was a National Champion with the chain saw during the 1970's.
~Ron

Al_Smith

Couple years ago Arden Sr still competed .As far as I know Arden JR (Jamie ) still does .The last I saw any of them was at the Paul Bunyan show in southern Ohio show several years ago .

Jamie was with his girl friend at the time ,later his wife who herself was quite an axe wielder .

Fact I've got some wonderfull pictures of that day I once posted on another web forum of which I no longer belong to or even make mention of for that matter .

WmFritz

Quote from: Axewoman Laurette on November 21, 2014, 08:42:42 PM
Hi, everyone! So happy to be here. ..I had a great time with alissa at the pig roast!!!

Hi, Laurette. Welcome to the Forestry Forum. We really enjoyed you gals at the PigRoast last summer. You drew my wife's number from the log rolling tank for the chainsaw.

I have to say, I had a gaggle of grandkids camping with us in Harrison that weekend. I had no plans to take them to Jeff and Tammy's, but they bugged me to come and I relented. They had a blast! They got such a kick from getting a chance to log roll with you guys that all they talked about is going again next year.

Thank You Alissa and Laurette for the great show of your skills.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Autocar

Merry Christmas Girls hope Santa brings you one of the fastest cross cuts ever made, always looking for that edge  :D !
Bill

Ron Scott

National Champion Arden Cogar senior cut the Nation's Bi-Centennial Christmas tree down for me in 1976 on the top of Kennison Mountain when the USFS provided the tree from the Gauley Ranger District of the Monongahela National Forest. I was the Gauley District Ranger at Richwood, West Virginia and Arden Cogar was well known for his chainsaw skills at the time.
~Ron

Carson-saws

Saw the "Iron Jack and Jill" competition.  Definitely impressive at every level.  I have to Axe though...can you teach folks how to throw an Axe like that?...Just Axing....(can I get a cymbal crash please)

But seriously...what kind of training do you do? beyond practice do you have a regular work out routine or some kind of particular exercise you incorporate in fine tuning your techniques?
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!