iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

small band mill build

Started by hammerfore, October 31, 2014, 01:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerfore

I am in the planinning stage of a bandmill build. I dont have room for a large mill so Im thinking of a small build. My idea is to mill logs into cants with my chainsaw mill and then finish the six or eight inch cants on the band mill. It would also be easier to move cants instead of logs with the equipment available to me. You cant fit a very big log in an s 10! Would a small mill like this, I'm thinking 14 inch wheels and 6 to 8 horsepower, be workable. I'm thinking maybe even mounted on a small trailer.

drobertson

sounds like a plan,  but ya know, you still might consider going to a wide cut small mill.  I saw a few different ones just awhile back at the Paul Bunyan show.  They sure got my attention, and the slabs these lil mills sawed out were pretty impressive.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!